Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice! If you have received the confirmation email, when is your estimated arrival date?

5th February. So ~11 weeks from order - which seems pretty good considering they likely shutdown for a week or two over Christmas.

5th February. So ~11 weeks from order - which seems pretty good considering they likely shutdown for a week or two over Christmas.

That's estimated dispatch date rather than arrival date btw. Though I'm only 200 miles north in Edinburgh so I should have it within a day or two.

So I have the neoprene covers. When I've been using the Kubi gloves I roll them up/out of the way. But I keep them down to protect the rings or if I was diving with wet gloves.

Do you think they do a good job protecting the rings? I was curious about these but figured a layer of neoprene wouldn't protect against anything strong enough to damage the metal Kubi rings. What's your experience been like?

Do you think they do a good job protecting the rings? I was curious about these but figured a layer of neoprene wouldn't protect against anything strong enough to damage the metal Kubi rings. What's your experience been like?

So far I'd say they good scratch and maybe light light dent protection. But yeah if something you damage the Al rings they are going to neoprene be damned. I like it since it does give a layer of protection to the O-ring that is exposed if you aren't using the gloves though.

What are you getting?

Here’s what I went with:

Step 1: Seaskin Nova, black and royal blue
Step 2: Dry zip cover, YKK Plastic Zipper, SiTech Trigon Pee Valve
Step 3: Quick Neck with Silflex, Warm Neck Standard, Supplement for Siflex Wrist Seals, Kubi Dry Glove System
Step 4: Sitech Valve System, DIR Dump Valve, Comfort Patch
Step 5: Compressed Neoprene Socks
Step 6: Kelvar Knee Pads
Step 7: Fully Telescopic Torso, No Logos, No Reflective Tape, Change mat bag upgrade
Step 8: Braces Pocket, Large Bellows Pocket, Second Large Bellows Pocket, Computer Strap Patches, Second Computer Strap Patches

Also picked up the 250g undergarments with hole for P-valve, Baselayer Top and Pants, Warm Neck Hood, and Kubi Glove Set.

Chose to go with larger pockets based on feedback in the thread, added on the braces pocket for my car key, and changed my mind about the color, otherwise it's pretty similar to the configuration I previously posted.

That's estimated dispatch date rather than arrival date btw. Though I'm only 200 miles north in Edinburgh so I should have it within a day or two.

Nice to see felow diver from Edinburgh. Are you diving with BSAC or PADI? I also have Seaskin Nova and very happy with it.

Finally went ahead and ordered myself one of these, can’t wait for it to arrive! Thanks to everyone in this thread who have been a great source of information and advice.

Update: Received the confirmation email with an estimated dispatch date of February 19th, 2021, just under 11 weeks and in line with ross9's timeframe, although in my case it'll have to get across the pond.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom