SAC vs RMV, revisited

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not a single new diver will think in terms of pressure difference per minute.
Not sure about that. The only gauge they have on their tank reads in pressure.
When I was a new diver, I didn't think in terms of neither bar/min nor L/min. "120 bar, I'm still good" was the best I could do.

When I was a new diver, I didn't think in terms of neither bar/min nor L/min. "120 bar, I'm still good" was the best I could do.

Seems to work, since we are both here. I just read my pressure in psi.

which jumps right over pressure and shows them remaining time.
More accurately: which show SAC in pressure/time and also remaining gas time.

More accurately: which show SAC in pressure/time and also remaining gas time.

I bought a Cressi Digital Console. Top right says "range" and it shows time to 50 bar from any point of the dive. I asked Cressi why not time to zero and they replied they expect divers to end dives with 50 bar. I see many guides will have divers up at around 5m at 50 bar so they can continue say looking at a reef. I don't use the AI on my Shearwater. Good SPG and very compact and keeps previous dives time MOD water temp etc. Easy to see.

CRESSI  CONSOLE.jpg

I was not taught anything about GF or L/min as we I did not have a dive computer back in 1986. It was tables and BSAC sports diving we always had extra tanks on the anchor line for wreck dives and did our Deco stops using the air from the extra tanks. 15l steel with 230 bar went a long way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom