Relocating to the Great State of Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome Home.... You ever need a dive buddy, let me know. Always looking for new people to dive with. I did my IDC in Port Charlotte before Jim sold the shop. I am up in the Lakeland Area, and can travel anywhere.

I am a Native Californian, (yes I admit that) and live in the heart of Florida Rednecks. They really do not bother me at all, expect the over use of crappy beer. But seriously, rage road, traffic, Piggly Wiggly... Far better here in FL then other places I have lived like Cali, Colorado (hate this place) or Wisconsin.

Cheers, No more Canadians. They are all paranoid over this Corona thing. They apparently have specials laws up there to visit us now. Sadly there where 40% of our tourist business, but we do not expect there numbers to come back for 3-5 years.
Snowbirds have been in season here for a month or two already. The ones that own a trailer in both countries can travel back and forth. Traffic is back in season too. It can take 20 minutes to go just 5 miles to the home depot. Ugh.

Personally, I'm OK with snowbirds and tourists. They are the reason I don't have to pay state income taxes.

Welcome Home.... You ever need a dive buddy, let me know. Always looking for new people to dive with. I did my IDC in Port Charlotte before Jim sold the shop. I am up in the Lakeland Area, and can travel anywhere.

I am a Native Californian, (yes I admit that) and live in the heart of Florida Rednecks. They really do not bother me at all, expect the over use of crappy beer. But seriously, rage road, traffic, Piggly Wiggly... Far better here in FL then other places I have lived like Cali, Colorado (hate this place) or Wisconsin.

Cheers, No more Canadians. They are all paranoid over this Corona thing. They apparently have specials laws up there to visit us now. Sadly there where 40% of our tourist business, but we do not expect there numbers to come back for 3-5 years.

Lakeland is relatively redneck free. I'm practically your neighbor in plant city. We definitley do redneck here. And it also doesn't sound like you've spent much time in the panhandle......

Don't give anybody else ideas until I can get down there!

Better hurry

906 people are moving to the state of Florida every day. 330,605 people are moving to Florida every year. That's equal to adding a city slightly larger than Orlando every year, according to a report released online this week by state economist.

Dennis! OMG!!! Long time ole buddy! How the heck are you?

Better hurry

The shambles of our remaining economy have kiboshed my plans to move to Florida for the next few years, because I wanted to buy land/build a custom house and I'm not going to do that until things even out. I'm potentially getting close to a post-grad school job offer, so I'm hoping to come snowbird for a month or two during the winter.

Dennis! OMG!!! Long time ole buddy! How the heck are you?

Doing good, not getting much diving in, hip replacement, pacemaker, moved up to Sebastian and then down to Fort Pierce, trying to renovate old boat to do treasure diving

Coool, sounds like an adventure

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom