Rescue scuba diver course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe.... but it holds true

Except it isn’t, it is an oversimplification of a complex topic with few people saying it actually understanding the complex topic.

Except it isn’t, it is an oversimplification of a complex topic with few people saying it actually understanding the complex topic.
I think I have a pretty solid grasp on it but I'm not going to play the role of keyboard scuba god so, okay you win.

I think I have a pretty solid grasp on it but I'm not going to play the role of keyboard scuba god so, okay you win.

It has nothing to do with scuba, but training in general that saying is used very widely and in many cases improperly.

As compared to..?

Staying on shore, dock, or boat; and reaching for or throwing something to a victim means you are less likely to be a second victim.

You said, and I quote, "A shore or boat entry.."

What would you be entering other than the water?

You said, and I quote, "A shore or boat entry.."

What would you be entering other than the water?

I didn't say it, but to me his intent was clear.

I didn't say it, but to me his intent was clear.

He said don't go in the water unless you have to, followed by a shore or boat entry being the better option. Seems to me he was saying "If you do have to enter the water, do it by shore or boat" and I was drawing a blank when considering other possible ways of entering the water, so I asked for clarification, which I still haven't received.

We used a simple rhyme when teaching water safety to kids, and it applies here, too: "Stay or throw. Don't go!"

In other words, if you can rescue someone from dry land, do that. Otherwise, follow the advice from everyone else in this thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom