Free Entrance to National Parks for Veterans and Gold Star Families

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No vet ID card required. Just satisfy the documentation requirements. I have a %70 rating and have mine. Sorry if this is confusing I only meant to add helpful info.

I believe the one you are discussing is for Disabled Vets. I have. never been able to buy more than an annual pass at full price despite being a vet.

The new ruling gives all Veterans free park admission

No vet ID card required. Just satisfy the documentation requirements. I have a %70 rating and have mine. Sorry if this is confusing I only meant to add helpful info.
What does your 70% rating mean? If that's a disability, then there is a $10 pass for that. I don't see a $10 Vet pass.

The free entrance gift isn’t a lifetime award if I remember correctly.
The new one is. I don't see any additional discounts with that as compared to the Lifetime Senior Pass also including half price camping fees.

That link goes to three different passes, Annual Senior, Lifetime Senior (I got that one), and Disabled. No Vet passes at that link.

In California if you are 50% VA rated you can get a lifetime state park pass as well. Special Passes
What does that mean? Disability?

I believe the one you are discussing is for Disabled Vets. I have. never been able to buy more than an annual pass at full price despite being a vet.
Yeah, I think he was confused.

What does your 70% rating mean? If that's a disability, then there is a $10 pass for that. I don't see a $10 Vet pass.

The new one is. I don't see any additional discounts with that as compared to the Lifetime Senior Pass also including half price camping fees.

That link goes to three different passes, Annual Senior, Lifetime Senior (I got that one), and Disabled. No Vet passes at that link.

What does that mean? Disability?

Yeah, I think he was confused.

Yes, a 50% or greater disability rating from the VA.

Thanks for the link, applying for the veteran card now....
Let me know if your application goes to review and/or when you are approved.

Let me know if your application goes to review and/or when you are approved.

Well, since my credit reports are currently frozen and I don't feel like unfreezing them, they couldn't verify my identity online. I have to do some sort of video call with IDme in order to submit my DD214 and other docs, so it may be a few days before I even get my identity verified. I waited in queue for over an hour and bailed out. I'll let you know how it progresses....

Well, since my credit reports are currently frozen and I don't feel like unfreezing them, they couldn't verify my identity online. I have to do some sort of video call with IDme in order to submit my DD214 and other docs, so it may be a few days before I even get my identity verified. I waited in queue for over an hour and bailed out. I'll let you know how it progresses....

I just showed up at a national park (I think it was The Grand Canyon actually) and they took care of it on the spot. Took all of 5 minutes.

I just showed up at a national park (I think it was The Grand Canyon actually) and they took care of it on the spot. Took all of 5 minutes.

Wow, good to know! I have a national park about 30 minutes away from me at Saguaro National Park East. Maybe I can drop by there tomorrow afternoon and see if they can do the same thing....

@DandyDon Thanks for sharing! My husband already has a "Veteran" designation on his state-issued drivers license so I think we are all set.

Back
Top Bottom