Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First dive with my new seaskin nova and seaskin undergarments today. Total and complete flood of the suit. Even after sloshing stuff out getting it off, poured about 6-8 pitchers of water out. I’ll investigate further tomorrow, initial best guess is that seaskin didn’t install the neck seal correctly. Buddy saw a steady stream of bubbles from near the base of my neck (on my back). Since they also didn’t include the neck seal tool ordered one from dive right in, to fix it (if that is the root cause). Buddy checked my neck seal post dive and it wasn’t rolled or anything else.

anyone have any washing recommendations for the undergarments since they are totally and completely soaked through?

I had the same issue and was quite miserable after 50 min on 16ºC water (water was by my ankles when I left the boat).
Fixed it with the quick neck tool they sent and it worked perfectly the following dive.
I washed my undergarments on the machine, at the lowest temperature, just water (no detergent) and no tumbling.

does anyone have the tool that can get a good picture of the rollers so @azstinger11 can ensure he has a comparable match?

Since it had same day availability, going to try the tool stuartv linked see if that works. Seaskin did say they will be sending one but its been backordered by Si Tech, so a few for them to get it, week or so in shipping, etc. It's an understandable but unfortunate oversight it didn't come with the suit originally.

I have both the new combo tool and the single tool, i think the screen roller would work fine, with care.

That is the only one I have seen for sale, I actually ordered it from DRIS but it's backordered. There are a few for sale on ebay but shipping has it getting in after this weekend (and I 2x 2 tank dive boat seats), so obviously very much hoping to dive dry. Hopefully the stop gap tool stuartv recommended works. Having a few extra of those tools around is never a bad idea (home gear storage, save a dive kit, dive truck, etc).

I have the Si Tech tool. It is nothing but a spline tool. I.e. a wheel with a concave surface.

If it doesn't work for you, @azstinger11, let me know and I'll send you the $4 myself, to cover the cost... :cheers:

BTW I really appreciate all the help and assistance in this thread. Yet another reason to love scubaboard!

Thanks! It's hard to guess what you need when you have never seen the original, not sure if that makes sense or not.

If you have ever replaced the screen in a screen door, when you see the Si Tech tool you will go "oh! That's the same tool as for screen door spline."

I'm sure you could also get one at Lowes/Home Depot/any decent hardware store.

If you want to borrow a tool until your new one arrives let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom