cheap chinese video light review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am wonderjng if anyone bv compared the A11 and QH14-4 of these light as post from "swimmingfish".
I have asked Taobao seller before (One of them sell both version). The seller told me the A11 version is more recommended since they are using different control drivef and A11 is better. But I am not sure if he lie or not (Or just because A11 is always more expensive)

I remember finding "QH14-4" in my searches months after I found the other lamps, so it might be a newer variant. But that is pretty much cheaper everywhere. I think ~35 EUR on Amazon compared to ~50 for the QH14-7.

Regarding the "A" versions, and "A11" on the other hand, I haven't seen them as cheap as the QH versions. Newer driving circuit? - Maybe. Better? - I'd open and clean them and then apply new grease on every O-ring, and even the buttons O-ring from the beginning.

They should cost around or below 25 EUR in China (200 RMB). I would have bought 10 if I could pay that price.
security-X5

It's hard for me to find the A11; 1688.com is not very user friendly for westerners.

Has anyone had any experience with any of these COB LED variants I have seen popping up now:

Haee550e0ffe1409c9fe2c357a72f971b7.jpg

'Uranusfire'
Tactical Underwater 100m LED Diving Flashlight Waterproof COB LED 10800Lumens Photography Video Fill Light Torch 4*18650 Battery

'Brett'
LED Diving Flashlight Underwater 80M 11000Lumens COB Photography Camera Tactical Flashlight Blue+RED+White LED Lanterna Torch

Only ~£30 i'm tempted to pick one up.
4 x 18650 as per the others, looks to be the same chassis just with a different led.

The LED is a COB type - can't find any information as to which one.

Im curious to see if this is more powerful / has a different beam profile to the 15 x XML-2 variants
Would a COB variant be better for filming in murky waters with its 80 degree beam? So far I haven't had any of my video lights attached to my camera rig due to poor visibility and extreme backscatter in the Baltic Sea. My diving buddy has been my lighting guy, but these lights are so inexpensive that I'm considering giving it a go.

I've had a 120 degree A11 for a couple of years and it has worked well. The red/blue switch stopped working this summer, but I don't use those modes anyway.

not really, cob is just more even light compared to multi-emitter. backscatter will still be an issue in low visibility/turpid conditions

not really, cob is just more even light compared to multi-emitter. backscatter will still be an issue in low visibility/turpid conditions
Thanks, but I was mainly curious about the beam angle, not the emitter itself. Though the point about more even light is good to know.

Here's a quick sketch of what I meant:

y.PNG

I'm theorizing that an 80 degree beam would leave a larger "dead zone" of non-illuminated particles. I'm also mainly shooting shipwrecks, so the subject is usually at least a few meters away.

It was easy to get a bit overenthusiastic earlier this year with a few 2kg jars on special from Aldi

Johnny Cash came to the fore

I would never trust a cheap product from China (or elsewhere) given the potential danger of fire from sub-standard Li-ion batteries.

The batterie is not the light itself. So you don't have to worry if you buy a cheap light and put in your own li ion batteries you trust.

I still use my div01 from Brinyte. No problems, took it to over 135m, used it in caves as mainlight. The div01V is de videoversion, I also have as backuplight for caving and taking videos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom