Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's Border Protection, not Patrol. Everyone does that! :D

I thought it was odd you didn't post a 10 digit tariff number. Any country that's a member of the WTO uses the same first 6 digits, but the US goes to 10, and Canada to 8.

Chapter 40 is for rubber and rubber articles. Chapter 61 is for clothing and accessories, knitted or crocheted.

First screen snip is for the drysuit. Full classification would be 4015. 90.0050
View attachment 624380

Just saw your post edit. Putting drysuit undies as swimwear? 6112.31. 0010 Wrong!

View attachment 624384

I'm off to the CBP CROSS rulings database to find the Fourth Element undies ruling request I found in the past.

Not that it matters that much to me but was the undergarments an error in my favor or against my favor?

Day after investigation - yup neck seal wasn’t seated correctly from factory. Just waiting now for my pizza cutter tool to arrive from DRIS to fix and give it another go.

I should have checked the seal prior to diving, but assumed the factory had correctly installed the seal.

I did exactly the same thing, they did say to check all seals before diving, luckily I just dipped below the surface in standing depth so as soon as I felt the trickle I stood up and didn't have more than a bit of dampness once I figured it out and reseated the seal.

I did exactly the same thing, they did say to check all seals before diving, luckily I just dipped below the surface in standing depth so as soon as I felt the trickle I stood up and didn't have more than a bit of dampness once I figured it out and reseated the seal.

Silly question, is there a way to reseat the seal without the cookie cutter tool? Every place is back ordered on getting the tool.

Silly question, is there a way to reseat the seal without the cookie cutter tool? Every place is back ordered on getting the tool.
surely it wouldn't be that hard to fabricate the tool....just like get a kids playdoh pizza cutter or something...right?

surely it wouldn't be that hard to fabricate the tool....just like get a kids playdoh pizza cutter or something...right?

Didn't think about a playdo pizza cutter. From the videos (since I don't have the tool on hand to look at it hard to say) it says its beveled on one edge to fit the glued into the suit part? I'm happy fabricating stuff but when I don't have an original to compare to, hard to guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom