Dive ladder steps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In hopes that this gets re read by those participating in my post. What diameter would you prefer on the hand rails. I’m kind of torn between 1 1/4” and 1 1/2”. A lot of my diving will be done with gloves on and personally I think the smaller rail might work better with gloves but I really dont know.

In hopes that this gets re read by those participating in my post. What diameter would you prefer on the hand rails. I’m kind of torn between 1 1/4” and 1 1/2”. A lot of my diving will be done with gloves on and personally I think the smaller rail might work better with gloves but I really dont know.
I'm curious what you ended up with? Do you have photos to post?

I am also considering upgrading my ladder situation, not really in love with any of the off the self, bolt on ladders but improving it for next year in on the todo list.

I'm curious what you ended up with? Do you have photos to post?

I am also considering upgrading my ladder situation, not really in love with any of the off the self, bolt on ladders but improving it for next year in on the todo list.

Unfortunately my boat accessories have been on hold physically Covid has presented me a weird life alteration. And oddly instead of accomplishing my dreams ( they do haunt my dreams) of all the stuff I’m going to build for my boat Ive wrapped up two house projects taken a month off to fish and boat preparing to open another business and my boat now just sits however if life works out the way I hope it does it will be in motion soon. I did mange to but 450 gallons of fuel through it this summer which is an all time first so instead of building boat parts I was breaking it in.

My plans are fairly complex in hopes they get me out of the water with ease as I get older and are not so gangly and heavy that my boat wont sink:) I am a fabricator of sorts I have a large lathe mill and a tubing bender along with decent welding skills. I’m putting it off until i have the actual time to make it something special not just some metal hanging off the back of the boat.

Late to the party on this thread but for what it's worth, here's my boat and ladder that I use here in the PAC NW.

One simple pin to remove and replace the whole thing when switching to salmon fishing. I also made it an extra step "deep" to help get my old ass back on the boat... The routine when getting back to the boat is to fully inflate BC's , then climb out of our gear and clip tank valves to 1/2 in cleated rope. Then climb onboard with just drysuit and fins and then use the crab / shrimp pot puller to bring my kit up and onboard...

When deployed it has a about a 25 degree angle that makes it easier to climb. I also always have a 50ft tag line when on the hook and totally prefer the "tree" type ladder in case of an issue I would not want to be back in the water with no fins...

Anyway.... works for me and all my buddies. We all have drysuits with hard boots so the large round tube steps are fine.....

hY4aUtJ.jpg

pEqX1C6.jpg

2DmVsBY.jpg

I have had a few.
This was a few boats ago.
1653796976700.png

This is on one of my current boats. The rungs are knurled for grip. Tape just doesn't hold up.

1653797052427.png

Then my newest boat, I opted for no ladder.

1653797130364.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom