How bad of a scuba gear hoarder are you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What do you like so much about them? That they are much lighter?

The 85s are heavier than my HP80s.

The other tanks I’ve done SM are HP80s and LP50s. The 80s were what I had most of. They were okay, not ideal. The 85s trim out much better. I can’t go longer - the 85s are about at my knees. Same with my 50s. I can get overfills here. I’d not have gotten the LPs otherwise.

How bad of a scuba gear hoarder am I? Stuff keeps coming in and nothing ever goes out except to the dump or lost at sea.
Seriously, you have your own recompression chamber? :tired:

Seriously, you have your own recompression chamber? :tired:

I had one but was only half owner. We sold it to make more chambers.

full.jpg

Do double-lock chambers count as Scuba gear?

What's all that stuff coming out of it with the guy? Are you sure it isn't a giant bong?

Were pink budgie smugglers mandatory back in the day? :giggle:

What's all that stuff coming out of it with the guy? Are you sure it isn't a giant bong?

Mist forms in the chamber on ascent. It gets hot when pressurized and cold when depressurized just like Scuba tanks. You don’t notice it in Sat chambers because the rates are so slow and the ECU (Environmental Control Unit) heats, cools, and dehumidifies.

Were pink budgie smugglers mandatory back in the day? :giggle:

This photo is of Jack McKinney, who was the assistant editor of Skin Diver Magazine and on Bob Hollis' photo team for our Doria dive in 1973. I can't say if these were part of his normal wardrobe or he found them in a rag bag in the engine room. Most of the Navy divers normally went commando but we had two ladies onboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom