Peeing Etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There’s three types of divers:

Those that pee in their wetsuits
Those that pee in the wetsuits and lie about it
Those that pee in the wetsuits and don’t realize that they did it

Several years ago, our dive group of 5 (including DM), due to varied air consumption, was reduced to the DM and myself. He had to go check the anchor, and signaled me to head up to the boat. I got to the bottom of one of the ladders and there was a woman standing on the other ladder, hip deep in water, with her wetsuit around her knees.(She was evidently peeing.)
I surfaced at the other ladder, said "Hi"...She was mortified that I possibly swam through her pee. I thought nothing of it. Back on the boat, she came over, red faced,and apologized profusely. I said "no problem, dive boat etiquette". Her fiance thought that her embarrassment was the funniest thing in the world. She was not happy with that. For some reason, they bought me a beer when we reached the shore.....Go figure

The essence of peeing etiquette is, in the water or in the head, but never on the boat!

Several years ago, our dive group of 5 (including DM), due to varied air consumption, was reduced to the DM and myself. He had to go check the anchor, and signaled me to head up to the boat. I got to the bottom of one of the ladders and there was a woman standing on the other ladder, hip deep in water, with her wetsuit around her knees.(She was evidently peeing.)
I surfaced at the other ladder, said "Hi"...She was mortified that I possibly swam through her pee. I thought nothing of it. Back on the boat, she came over, red faced,and apologized profusely. I said "no problem, dive boat etiquette". Her fiance thought that her embarrassment was the funniest thing in the world. She was not happy with that. For some reason, they bought me a beer when we reached the shore.....Go figure

tenor.gif

In Bonaire a couple years ago we were noodling around in the shallows waiting for some of our group and a gal in white shorty wetsuit walked out into waist deep water, pulled her wetsuit down, obviously to pee, and then walked back to shore. I guess she just couldn't hold it until her dive started...

In a wetsuit, peeing is no problem. In a drysuit, though... Hoo, boy. I find that if I grab onto something, then I can start the flow, but if I'm swimming or hovering, then It Just Won't Happen, even if my back teeth are floating.

I've proven to myself that I I can per while gripping the bottom, gripping the safety stop, or gripping the boat's ladder. It's just not that difficult

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom