Olympus E-PL10 Underwater Camera & Housing Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm really interested in this setup... hope to hear other divers experience as it starts to get out there.
Mine is coming Monday,hopefully i can get out in a week or so and check it out

The E-PL10's image quality is very good. Photos tend to be well-exposed, most people will be happy with the color in JPEGs, and noise levels are low at both high and low ISOs. Autofocus is snappy, though face detection and subject tracking are just okay.

Sounds good and the price point is great especially if you have olympus lens already

So I shoot exclusively in RAW and am not sure how this camera would perform but due to small sensor size and resulting small files by definition one would be losing quite a lot of data. I’ve seen a few pix so far and they seemed pretty lossy to me.

24mbs and up on the Sony alpha series just provides a ton of data to manipulate, meaning that photos one thinks are lost/no good can be edited in post to come out great to spectacular.

I also wonder—as have others— about the strobe firing issue. Just seems really complicated, not sure what one wouldn’t just fire optically off the internal strobe.

So I shoot exclusively in RAW and am not sure how this camera would perform but due to small sensor size and resulting small files by definition one would be losing quite a lot of data. I’ve seen a few pix so far and they seemed pretty lossy to me.

24mbs and up on the Sony alpha series just provides a ton of data to manipulate, meaning that photos one thinks are lost/no good can be edited in post to come out great to spectacular

I also wonder—as have others— about the strobe firing issue. Just seems really complicated, not sure what one wouldn’t just fire optically off the internal strobe.

Had no issues whatsoever with the strobe
By and by pretty happy with the system
I only post on fb,sb and Nixplay so quality is usually fine

Post ended up in the middle of your message sorry

No worries! All good! On reflection my post came off a little atonal, apologies to all.

Great question, I don't know but I would assume so since the trigger is (obviously) not connected to and thereby not limited by the internal flash. Which reminds me, one tradeoff viz RX100 to Sony a6400 which I really don't like is going from unlimited sync speed to only 1/160th on the Sony. Makes shooting sunballs very difficult.

Just had the chance to do sequential shooting. The strobe fired for all the shots on both sequential high/low
Pretty impressive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom