Galileo G2 Heart Rate monitor goes crazy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My HR monitor stopped working again. I took the battery out 2032 3 volt lithium and measured its voltage and found it only read 2.5 volts on my multimeter and sure enough when I changed the battery the HR works again, at least on land. So it may be that this HR band goes through batteries quickly and you need to change the battery every six months or so.

One think I learned with the temperamental on and off HRM is to not set Workload to HR. If you do and the HR goes on and off or shows artifact, the no deco time can become unstable which indicates that other aspects of the algorithm may be unreliable as well. Best to set Workload to OFF or Breathing.

Does this only happen when you're next in line to ascent the ladder behind a sexy woman or man? or is it truly random.

Does this only happen when you're next in line to ascent the ladder behind a sexy woman or man? or is it truly random.

Funny. Have you not had any issues with your G2 HR monitor?
I'm about to get my 3rd HR strap as the last one totally stopped working.

And that being said they should just issue a firmware update that uses the ZHL-16C algorithm that is optional in the HUD and forgot the adaptive model.

The firmware update for the ZHL-16C algorithm for the G2 is supposed to be out any time now!

The firmware update for the ZHL-16C algorithm for the G2 is supposed to be out ant time now!

Where did you see that this update is forthcoming? That in my opinion is what was holding this computer from competing with shearwater.

Several reviewers on YouTube have stated that they have been advised that the G2 update will be coming soon to match it with the HUD as a backup. I have also seen an official communication from Scubapro somewhere stating that the update would come in late October or early November, if I am able to find it again I will post an update.

I had no idea this update was coming! Was debating between G2 and Perdix but this will shift me to the G2 for sure.

If I remember correctly, using ZH-L16C with GF on the HUD disables the gas time remaining function. If I'm correct, I wonder if that would be true for the G2 also, that would be a shame.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom