Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was a break for about 2-3 days that boats got out but that’s been about it for several weeks. It’s been a rough fall down here ... literally!
Ugh.. and as a beach diver with a full time day job, trying to get a dive in has been dismal....

Pike blenny, didn't look close enough for what kind. there are a at least two species at the bridge Webbed Burrfish. It's an urchin Yep, sea cucumber coolbeans!
Though commonly called a starfish, it actually isn't a fish! :)
Sea Star, cushion star, to be precise.
Juvenile gray angelfishAnother cushion star Yes, arrow crab and juvenile high hat
Always a joy to get buzzed by a spotted eagle ray!
Glad you enjoyed your dives! And thanks for reminding me how lucky I am to be able to dive there!

Jenny with as much diving as you do at BHB, I knew you could ID those critters

Pike blenny, didn't look close enough for what kind. there are a at least two species at the bridge Webbed Burrfish. It's an urchin Yep, sea cucumber coolbeans!
Though commonly called a starfish, it actually isn't a fish! :)
Sea Star, cushion star, to be precise.
Juvenile gray angelfishAnother cushion star Yes, arrow crab and juvenile high hat
Always a joy to get buzzed by a spotted eagle ray!
Glad you enjoyed your dives! And thanks for reminding me how lucky I am to be able to dive there!
Awesome! Thanks for the I.D.s.

Unfortunately, that is typical this time of year.

They became common at BHB-East. Also, every wreck near PCB has a couple of them.

"PCB"--? Do you mean PBC?

Ok been waiting for my chance to finally dive the BHB and now that I am a resident of the Port Charlotte area I am ready to drive over for the experience. Looks like next Saturday's high tide is 1:17 PM. Would anyone be interested in diving with me there? I would be grateful to dive with someone who knows the bridge. If you would like to dive it either PM me or reply here I will be keeping an eye out.

Ok been waiting for my chance to finally dive the BHB and now that I am a resident of the Port Charlotte area I am ready to drive over for the experience. Looks like next Saturday's high tide is 1:17 PM. Would anyone be interested in diving with me there? I would be grateful to dive with someone who knows the bridge. If you would like to dive it either PM me or reply here I will be keeping an eye out.

Dove today. Viz was terrible... but found a bat fish close to shore!

MId day high tide = lots of divers and others who fish, picnic, swim.. Parking lot can fill up fast. Plan on getting there at least 3 hours before high tide to get a decent parking spot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom