Current Taxi rates to town from the southern hotel zone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Grand to town was 200 Peso last winter. Or roughly $10US.

The Grand to town was 200 Peso last winter. Or roughly $10US.

Yep, they are in Zona Norte listed at $200.

Taxi exchange rate varies with driver and card not bound by any published exchange rate. That is negotiable.

I always plan how many trips I might take and then bring pesos. Don't pay in USD unless you have to or you will get a very unfavorable rate.

I always plan how many trips I might take and then bring pesos. Don't pay in USD unless you have to or you will get a very unfavorable rate.
Exactly what I was planning for. I want to bring a reasonable amount in pesos just to cover all the planned taxi rides. Our only other cash needs should be for tips and USDs always seem to be as appreciated as pesos.

Oops. I have to have enough to cover the hair dresser my wife insists on using every time we go. I will miss her COVID length hair. :(

The last time I stayed at Sunscape (August 2020) the fare to the airport was 350 pesos---the same as it was when I stayed their in 2019. I leave for Coz in the morning but staying at Casa Mexicana which wasn't open the last time I visited in August. Plan on walking from the airport to Diego's Tacos and getting some lunch then grab a taxi to the hotel---that way I won't be jammed into a van with a lot of others and throw a few pesos to the taxi drivers.

Plan on walking from the airport to Diego's Tacos and getting some lunch then grab a taxi to the hotel---that way I won't be jammed into a van with a lot of others and throw a few pesos to the taxi drivers.
Pre COVID I always enjoyed the van ride to the hotel. I always sat up front and shot "we're here!" video through the windshield. We'd usually meet some first timers who would ask us about restaurants and stuff, and everyone was always in a great mood. Sure, we were packed in like sardines, but we were very happy sardines! Nowadays, though, it doesn't seem like it would be much fun. Heavy sigh.

The last time I stayed at Sunscape (August 2020) the fare to the airport was 350 pesos---the same as it was when I stayed their in 2019. I leave for Coz in the morning but staying at Casa Mexicana which wasn't open the last time I visited in August. Plan on walking from the airport to Diego's Tacos and getting some lunch then grab a taxi to the hotel---that way I won't be jammed into a van with a lot of others and throw a few pesos to the taxi drivers.
Thanks bshort4 That is exactly what I wanted to know.

Back
Top Bottom