Bonaire slowly reopening....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh well, Delta cancelled our flights - debating to rebook or not. I read several reports that said no vaccine until 2022
AZ is in phase 3 trials with pretty good numbers. However, a vaccine isn't the be all end all. We're getting better at treating it. We'll keep improving. Better barriers than cloth masks are now available. Comparing this to past bugs, applying the current medical knowledge, etc leads many of us to believe that we're just about on the edge of control. It's just panic mongers writing articles that say years until we get a vaccine.

It's just panic mongers writing articles that say years until we get a vaccine.
Other than the post you quoted, have you seen this statement anywhere else? Let's not amplify a stupid statement...

Other than the post you quoted, have you seen this statement anywhere else? Let's not amplify a stupid statement...
1 wannabe medical website hinted at it.

I'm really interested in wide spread (I live in the rural Midwest, so really wide spread), reliable testing with quick results. I'm all for a vaccine (who isn't), but it's probably not going to be 100% effective and it will take time to roll it out. We're still going to need the the testing technology. Besides I have a lot of dive travel to do between now and when all that happens (Bonaire/Curacao included; on topic...lol) plus I would like to have some comfort (however small) that I can visit my aging in-laws and not bring "the gift that keeps on giving." :) All IMHO, YMMV.

I'm really interested in wide spread (I live in the rural Midwest, so really wide spread), reliable testing with quick results. I'm all for a vaccine (who isn't), but it's probably not going to be 100% effective and it will take time to roll it out. We're still going to need the the testing technology. Besides I have a lot of dive travel to do between now and when all that happens (Bonaire/Curacao included; on topic...lol) plus I would like to have some comfort (however small) that I can visit my aging in-laws and not bring "the gift that keeps on giving." :) All IMHO, YMMV.
50% efficacy is the goal. I read of one yesterday that's at 77%

How about an AI program that can detect covid by your cough, even if you are asymptomatic. At roughly 98 accuracy it could be a game changer. :)

AI Can Diagnose COVID-19 Through Cellphone-Recorded Coughs – Even if You Don’t Have Symptoms

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom