Solitude Adventurer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billt4sf

Contributor
Reaction score
Fayetteville GA, Wash DC, NY, Toronto, SF
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone know about this boat?

I haven't seen too many reviews. We're interested in her because (1) she's big, a catamaran, and my wife has a serious seasickness problem (yes, we've tried all the solutions; (2) they offer 90% refund if you cancel 60 days or more out; and (3) Raja Ampat!

Thanks

Bill

I haven't seen too many reviews. We're interested in her because (1) she's big, a catamaran, and my wife has a serious seasickness problem (yes, we've tried all the solutions; (2) they offer 90% refund if you cancel 60 days or more out; and (3) Raja Ampat!

Thanks

Bill
Just looked at their website. Looks a marvelous vessel. But for some people bit short beds.

Thanks

Bill

There are a lot of land based resorts. Any specific region that you would like to dive? I can try to find you a resort near by or you can check out the sites for home stays:

Stay Raja Ampat: The best Raja Ampat accommodation & travel information source

I can try to find you a resort near by or you can check out the sites for home stays:

Haha you should have missed a part of the previous Scubaboard litterature...:facepalm:
Unless one of the homestays has 24/7 aircon, an inhouse italian chef, serves red wine (NO white wine ..uh...) and has king size beds, I wouldn't see Bill staying more than 5 minutes in one of those.

Bill, what do you think of homestays?
"I hate them". :tired:
Alright, thank you Bill.

Ho hum, btw Bill : do you remember you have to go to Alor?

There are a lot of land based resorts. Any specific region that you would like to dive? I can try to find you a resort near by or you can check out the sites for home stays:
if someone asks specifically about a liveaboard, even though someone has issues with seasickness...its a fair bet they are interested in a liveaboard.

ok. Not cool, man. I had work to do this morning and now all I can think about is Raja Ampat and those awesome homestays. Once this stupid pandemic is over, i'm going.

Oh yeah I totally get that, Luko. Not being an adherent of white wine, I stand guilty as charged. Not everyone can enjoy Beethoven’s Quartet #15 third movement *all* the time! Sometimes fools need to hear a little Dvorak Op 86 to clear the mind. :clapping:

You know, in America we have a saying: “Fools rush in where angels fear to tread”. :poke: More generally, we have “In matters of taste, there is no dispute”. Check it out, baby! :bounce:

Thanks

Bill
How has your research on this boat come along? We are also looking at it for Raja Ampat, Dec 2021. I haven't found much info or review online.
What's your time frame?
BTW, I am also very prone to seasickness, but just survived a Nautilus Explorer trip to Socorro. So now I am more confident with an LOB in Raja Ampat. We are also looking at doing a few days of diving at a resort there.

Thanks!

Sue

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom