Diver patch jacket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really do not understand if the question was serious or a joke.
I answer for myself. I do not own a "jacket" BCD, but a strange and very old Coltri system made of a plastic backplate with his own harness (quite uncommon, with shoulder straps with easy regulation and a Velcro belt with additional weight belt over it, and no crotch strap), and a rear-inflating bladder attached to it. It can be used both with twin sets or single cylinders.
There is no place to attach anything to it...
Most people here have various BP+W BCD systems, most of them also unsuitable for attaching any decorative patches.

A18E17C6-6537-4C55-A164-513BCEAE5867.png
Not a BCD but an actual jacket (think leather or denim) see attached.

I am a former Scout leader and have a camp fire blanket with scouting and related badges going back to the 60's. I added a diver flay to it as well.

Does that count?

I think as far as this thread is concerned, yes, that counts..... Hahaha

But really, I miss the Scouting days, so I say, Good on ya for adding the diver down flag! what age group were you working with? Do(did) they get the opportunity to dive?

an emblemism

Reactions: OTF
I’d rather be truthful about the amount of dives I’ve done than lie and get in over my head and possibly in danger
I apologize for the apparent tone of my post. Your post sounded like one from an ancient, encrusted, grumpy old diver. I'm not sure why you think making fun of people who want to display some of their accomplishments is a good idea, or perhaps funny. As a new diver, maybe you need to chill about what people are wearing.

an emblemism

You beat me to it. Here I am circa 1979 wearing patches on my beloved At-Pac. A friend of mine who was a medic rushed up to me after the dive and asked if I was suffering from an 'EMBLEMISM'. :)

cnvhK7.jpg

I apologize for the apparent tone of my post. Your post sounded like one from an ancient, encrusted, grumpy old diver. I'm not sure why you think making fun of people who want to display some of their accomplishments is a good idea, or perhaps funny. As a new diver, maybe you need to chill about what people are wearing.
I'm not sure he was trying to make fun of anyone, other than vegans in that tired old joke. His post can be read as a totally non-sarcastic question from an excited new diver.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone with a biker/punk style scuba patch jacket. Some people decorate their tanks. Some people (and dive operations!) have overly-badass t-shirts bordering on the absurd.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom