NTSB CONCEPTION HEARING - THIS TUESDAY @ 10AM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just as a reminder, the customers who boarded the Red Sea Aggressor after the Conception fire specifically asked about a roving watch and were absolutely, positively assured that there would be one. How were they to know at that point that the crew was absolutely, positively lying to them?

My wife and I were to be joined by another couple on the Cayman Aggressor this past May, but Covid delayed that until this year (maybe). We asked about the key safety features, and they absolutely, positively assured us they would have, among other things, a roving watch. We absolutely, positively are not counting on it. That is why we paid the extra money to book the cabins above deck, from which we can jump into the ocean with the crew in case of fire.
I have taken 6 liveaboards since 2016, including 2 weeks on the Red Sea Aggressor I. I can comment on nearly all the safety features on the boats, except for the roving watch. I tend to go to bed relatively early, and not get up again until early morning. I have not had or made the opportunity to check for the watch.

Besides getting up every night to check, what mechanisms do we have to ensure that there is a roving watch all night?

I have taken 6 liveaboards since 2016, including 2 weeks on the Red Sea Aggressor I. I can comment on nearly all the safety features on the boats, except for the roving watch. I tend to go to bed relatively early, and not get up again until early morning. I have not had or made the opportunity to check for the watch.

Besides getting up every night to check, what mechanisms do we have to ensure that there is a roving watch all night?
A watchmen’s key... modern day one of these.
upload_2020-10-25_14-19-55.jpeg

That's funny, I thought of that. I'm easily old enough to remember the originals in service

I thought of it too. When I had my first job at 14, I made the rounds with that filling in for the watchmen a few times in the warehouse of the fruit packing business where I was the newest employee and minimum wage was $1.05

You have to plan, take your own axe, marine grade floatation device (still within its useful life), rescue GPS, portable smoke, carbon monoxide and heat detectors... and I’m not being facetious. Also if you can sleep outside in a sleeping bag.

Why do you believe this is limited to the Aggressor Fleet?
Did I say that?

I have taken Aggressor off my list because of their actions and attitudes. I had a group trip scheduled on them in the Red Sea, cancelled after they burned and sank, and got nothing but push back and BS on my requested cancellation. Their reported actions toward the customers that did not die were despicable. Sorry, there are too many alternatives, and my standards are now higher. Going with Explorer Ventures now.

Their reported actions toward the customers that did not die were despicable.
those who don't know about this should look it up. It shows a simply horrific attitude toward customers.

Back
Top Bottom