Relocating to the Great State of Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One sincere request. If you're escaping another state because of its policies and taxes, please, please, please, remember that and don't vote for people that want to implement those types of policies and taxes here.

Other than, welcome to Floreeeeda!!!! And help us clean up the beaches after the tourists leave

Florida? What a hell hole. Its full of mosquitoes, no see ums, scorpions, all sorts of invasive species like pythons, huge lizards, citrus greening, yankees, damn yankees not to mention anyone that can row a boat a few hundred miles. Alligators, water moccasins, red tide, brain eating amoeba, zika virus, west nile.. Lots of retired people, all driving 20mph below the speed limit. Sinkholes, swamps, cities pumping sewage underground, drinking water shortages, hell the high point in the south part of the state is a landfill.

If you can brave all of that, welcome to Florida.

I think you forgot Rednecks, and although there’s a fair amount of overlap, “FloridaMan” now deserves its own designation!

One sincere request. If you're escaping another state because of its policies and taxes, please, please, please, remember that and don't vote for people that want to implement those types of policies and taxes here.

Other than, welcome to Floreeeeda!!!! And help us clean up the beaches after the tourists leave

Amen to that!!!!

Florida? What a hell hole. Its full of mosquitoes, no see ums, scorpions, all sorts of invasive species like pythons, huge lizards, citrus greening, yankees, damn yankees not to mention anyone that can row a boat a few hundred miles. Alligators, water moccasins, red tide, brain eating amoeba, zika virus, west nile.. Lots of retired people, all driving 20mph below the speed limit. Sinkholes, swamps, cities pumping sewage underground, drinking water shortages, hell the high point in the south part of the state is a landfill.

If you can brave all of that, welcome to Florida.
You forgot, panthers, fire ants, palmetto bugs, love bugs (twice a year), saltwater crocs and skunk monkeys and, you know, hanging chads...........

I think you forgot Rednecks, and although there’s a fair amount of overlap, “FloridaMan” now deserves its own designation!

Amen to that!!!!
I find that allot of the Florida Man stories are transplants from other places.

Year round diving! AND....

Year round road rage.

Year round rednecks.

Year round mowing.

Year round traffic.

Year round sea level rise.

Piggly Wiggly stores.

(Life long FL resident)

Hard to find any true Floridians any more :D.

I think the population has dwindled to a mere seven left in the state. We’re seeking legislation to designate them as a protected population.

Great diving, theme parks, beaches, about as lush as a rainforest in many areas, no or very little snow.

Rednecks are a bonus, you'll rarely ever feel as safe as when in the presence of a large group of heavily armed, truck, boat and motorcycle owning, hardworking and God fearing folks. Unless alcohol is involved, as firing weapons from moving vehicles is kinda sketchy.

Sorry we don't have any mountains though, only thing I miss from other places I've lived is topography.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom