Mounting Dive Rite Butt Plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The better-quality SS will hold. For example, 1 1/2.
I prefer the quick-links....easier to put on/take off, and stronger (than needed unless you are hanging a tank from your butt plate.).

Eventually I will be hanging a tank. You think I should stick with the quick links then.

I can get a 5 pack of SS for right around $10 on Amzn.; 1/4" thick?
https://www.amazon.com/MarineNow-St...g=UTF8&refRID=RPWHHTS80G88K7E4VN38&th=1&psc=1

Ever try that (2:15)?

No, that looks like a pain in a drysuit and heavy thermals to try and restow.

The same thing you put keys on? Will that hold?
I'm using the multi-turn ones.
1" S/S Split ring
Splitlarge__21077.1367862139.500.750.jpg

Some are definitely heavier then others. I would probably pass if carrying tanks on it OUT of the water.

I'm using the multi-turn ones.
1" S/S Split ring
Yikes. Beyond catching who-knows-what and being a metric pain in the butt to attach/detach, those things wear out and bend pretty easily. OP should seriously just drill holes into the backplate assuming it isn't carbon fiber, or one of those fancy 'lightweight' designs.

How far off are the holes?

Yikes. Beyond catching who-knows-what and being a metric pain in the butt to attach/detach, those things wear out and bend pretty easily. OP should seriously just drill holes into the backplate assuming it isn't carbon fiber, or one of those fancy 'lightweight' designs.

How far off are the holes?

They are far enough they won't line up and close enough that drilling holes would be too close to the other holes.

I ordered 2 different sizes of marine grade SS quick links. We'll see how that goes.

Do either of you remember what size you got?

Yes, they were crap and zinc, but I knew I only needed them for 2 days of diving. They were $2 for the set, so not a big deal

I just got around to measuring them. They're 2" quick links. Tried to find where I ordered them from but they must have come with something I bought used.

Zip ties?

I bought 1 sets from Amazon. Both are marine grade SS. The smaller of the 2 fit, I'll be diving them today to see how they feel. If I can feel them I'll switch to the bigger ones. I'll post back here which size works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom