Air Integration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liquivision transmitters use ultrasound and have a stated range of over 300'. Unfortunately, that is also a patented technology and LV DCs aren't very common.

TT, I found on LV that they have got some pending patents covering pressure sensors not re acoustic transmission of pressure.

IIRC LV's fine print said "may be reduced by silt, obstructions, in overhead environments" yadda yadda yadda. The boat would need to stick fairly close to monitor divers even with u/s pressure pods.

I have a Lynx and the beeping drives me nuts.
I've heard that from others as well but I really don't notice it much. I notice the chirping at the start of the dive but by the time I'm "in the zone" I guess it fades into the background.

As it is a patented system I guess we would need to get a license to even sniff the signal.
This is an old thread, but in case someone stumbles across it.....

You can LISTEN (i.e., "sniff") any RF transmission you want. No license needed. The problem with the application proposed in this thread is the 38kHz RF transmission is very low power and goes only a very short distance underwater. It is not a useful signal for tracking divers.

The limit with my Perdix AI seems to be somewhere between four and 5 feet. Closer to five.

I used to occasional lose coms when transmitter was on left port with computer on right in poor/zero viz. It happened enough times I moved it to right port, never an issue since. Not relevant, sorry. Bored.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom