Tobermory Cottage for Rent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ya, pretty much. I often shoot these at really slow shutter speeds... Like 1/40th, so I need to make like a tripod with my elbows. :)

There’s no coral to disturb...

There’s no coral to disturb...
Exactly. Worst case, I crush a few zebra mussels, but I'm pretty sure we're supposed to be doing that anyway. :)

Our season was off with a splash in the last week or so. And I mean "splash" in the "is it ever going to stop raining?" way. The water is fresh and in the 38°/3° - 40°/4° range but visibility is spectacular. This shot is from the deeper bits of the Forest City, at about 140'. I could see the surface too. :)

FC Jesse Rail © DSC_0779.jpg

boy is she looking rough.....

Nothing has changed that I noticed. That piece of rail that's "missing" is about 50' SW of where it should be. Look for it returning perhaps this summer. :D

Nothing has changed that I noticed. That piece of rail that's "missing" is about 50' SW of where it should be. Look for it returning perhaps this summer. :D
That would be a community service for sure.

Our season in Tobermory is "officially" wrapping up. The boats were pulled out last week, the moorings are in, and the wind seems to blow more or less non-stop until about May. We'll be out tomorrow with a little luck, but it's looking like it might be a little "lumpy" with 25 knot winds from the North.

At the risk of gratuitous self-promotion, I'm well into the work for my 10th year of my "Reefs and Wrecks" calendar. This is a beautifully printed wall calendar (12.25" x 17" open) with 27 images from the Great Lakes, British Columbia and the Caribbean. I need to confirm mailing costs, but I expect the cost to your door will be about $25 each with discounts on 10 or more (for your club or shop). If you would like one or a bunch, just message me here, or on my FB page (link below.) They make pretty great Christmas presents!

Here are a couple of spread to give you an idea of what it looks like. (US Holidays are included as well, since a bunch of these cross the border!

February spread.jpg
November spread.jpg
)

It’s a fab calendar. Got the 2020 one for the first time.

It’s a fab calendar. Got the 2020 one for the first time.

Thanks Marie! I agree of course, but then I’m biased.

Back
Top Bottom