Bonaire slowly reopening....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How is a PCR Test conducted? Where I'm at I can get a saliva test for work/travel.
There are currently two types of covid-19 tests with FDA approval for diagnosis of current infection, molecular (PCR) and antigen (rapid). PCR samples can be nasopharyngeal swabs or saliva samples. Rapid test samples are typically nasal or oral (pharyngeal).

There is a third type of test for covid-19, an antibody test that requires a sample of blood. But it is not recommended for diagnosis of current infection and still of uncertain use for past infection.

And fl of I am not mistaken
Yes. The full statement is here:
Starting October 7th, the USA Tri-State area (New York, New Jersey and Connecticut) and the state of Florida are considered medium risk. Prior to arrival, visitors from these states will be required to present a state-issued ID as proof of residency in addition to the below mentioned three steps.

If you didn't see your countries listed on the above lists, means that it is listed as a High-Risk Country and a 14 day Quarantine will be required.

Before your departure you have to take these 3 mandatory steps on dicardcuracao.com:

1. Complete the digital immigration card online before departure at dicardcuracao.com.
  2. Within 48 hours before departure, you need to digitally fill out the Passenger Locator Card (PLC) and carry a printed document of proof with you. You may do so at dicardcuracao.com.
  3. Each visitor entering Curaçao will need to show a negative result from a certified COVID-19 PCR-test (Please note: PCR tests based on Gargle samples will not be accepted.) and
    carry a printed document of proof with them. The test is taken max. 72 hours prior to departure at an accredited laboratory. You may contact your general practitioner for a referral to the nearest institution. You will be required to upload the negative test results of the COVID-19 PCR-test on dicardcuracao.com before departure.

I don't actually know if this is good for my Christmas New Years trip or not, but gives me a modicum of hope

These rigs were around $400 or so new so I'd say $150 would be appropriate.

Eh? Next we.are on to unladen swallows? Maybe migratory coconuts........( Sorry.tried to quote previous post)

These rigs were around $400 or so new so I'd say $150 would be appropriate.
Are you responding to some post in some other thread?

Oh well, Delta cancelled our flights - debating to rebook or not. I read several reports that said no vaccine until 2022

Oh well, Delta cancelled our flights - debating to rebook or not. I read several reports that said no vaccine until 2022
Whether to rebook is a highly individual decision. Personally, I am getting a bit fatigued with canceling and rescheduling trips. If you could get full refunds quickly on your cancelled trip I think I would and just wait a bit before rebooking. If you can only get credits, I don't see why you would not rebook as long as you can do so again (and perhaps again) with no add'l costs.

Back
Top Bottom