Relocating to the Great State of Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good spot you picked. You avoid the evacuations associated with the Atlantic side hurricanes and it’s only a quick skip to the east coast for sharks and wrecks.

I’m up in Tampa so it’s a long slog to get to Jupiter and south. I intend to discover some of that famous Florida fresh water diving and exploit my relative proximity.

Noo Yawkas.

When that top tax rate, under a Biden presidency -- regardless of your yea or nay toward Uncle Joe -- is slated to reach a combined 58-62% -- oh, there will be New Yorkers -- foregetaboutit!

I know a couple of people from Staten Island, who are going to be placing their houses on the market, come New Years . . .

Welcome. I escaped Illinois, and moved (back) to FL 5 yrs ago. We always have a steady influx of people moving here.

maybe Illinois will eventually figure out how to manage their state before Everyone leaves.

Florida? What a hell hole. Its full of mosquitoes, no see ums, scorpions, all sorts of invasive species like pythons, huge lizards, citrus greening, yankees, damn yankees not to mention anyone that can row a boat a few hundred miles. Alligators, water moccasins, red tide, brain eating amoeba, zika virus, west nile.. Lots of retired people, all driving 20mph below the speed limit. Sinkholes, swamps, cities pumping sewage underground, drinking water shortages, hell the high point in the south part of the state is a landfill.

If you can brave all of that, welcome to Florida.

I didn't get that email and don't think it applies to me since I was born and raised there and have had my return spot reserved for sometime now.:yeahbaby:
You’ll still need proof that your FloGrown tattoo was inked before COVID.

Florida? What a hell hole.

For a lack of state income taxes -- and I pay through the f**king nose in California -- I'd live in Yoda's mother-in-law flat, along with the snakes, on that jungle planet . . .

Welcome. I escaped Illinois, and moved (back) to FL 5 yrs ago. We always have a steady influx of people moving here.

maybe Illinois will eventually figure out how to manage their state before Everyone leaves.
Hello. It's too late....Illinois is broken.
Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom