Help please. BC Repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dzydvl33

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looks like the bladder on my Oceanic excursion got pinched on the dive boat last weekend. I now have 2 leaks in the bladder, dead center bottom 1 front, 1 back. See attached picture.
What is the best way to fix this at home? Or will this need to head to the shop?

Thanks for your help.

20201022_135125.jpg

I will NOT trust any patched bladder in any dive outside the swimming pool.

Oh, please . . .

I punctured MINE, badly, on some idiot's treble hook; and it's just been FINE, these last few years -- over at least a thousand dives, under all conditions.

It becomes a matter of competent repair; that's all.

I can only assume that you're in a fine, retail position to supply him or her with a several hundred dollar, glorified plastic bag, as a replacement?

O

I can only assume that you're in a fine, retail position to supply him or her with a several hundred dollar, glorified plastic bag, as a replacement?

Hahahahah, sure.

"several hundred dollars" for a bladder??? Where do you live?

I will NOT trust any patched bladder in any dive outside the swimming pool.

Seeing that these are pin holes and I dive "properly weighted" I think I'll be ok.

Unfortunately, with the way this bc is made, only choices are to repair or toss the whole thing. I won't make that mistake again.

I should add a little more info on the bladder. It is "made with Patented Bioflex material can stretch while remaining airtight" it feels like nylon fabric on the outside with a rubber type stretchy stuff bonded to the inside. There is no access to the inside except through the hip and shoulder dump ports. So whatever I end up doing it will be external.

Back
Top Bottom