What flight case for the Prism 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Narcosis Mike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Good evening all- picked up a used Prism 2 rebreather and it didn't come with the original shipping carton. Wondering what everyone used to transport this thing via airline when you're traveling to dive sites? Any photos of how your unit fits in the flight case would be appreciated so I can see if there's space for the faber tanks, accessories, etc.

I dont really do rebreather diving but i have tried it. I have a friend who does some rebreather scr and ccr. I think i heard some where that you can get custom pelican hard case boxes. I think thats what he uses. Its like 2" by 3" and weighs like 15lbs or so.

I have a pelican 1610 case and I am able to fit a pair of 3L tanks in it as well as my Poseidon 7. The previous owner used it for air travel and had no issues with it, there are still some Malaysian airlines stickers on it.

I have shipped the unit in the case to Minnesota from Chicago and the only issue was that UPS managed to crack the handle on the case itself but everything inside was perfectly fine.

Good evening all- picked up a used Prism 2 rebreather and it didn't come with the original shipping carton. Wondering what everyone used to transport this thing via airline when you're traveling to dive sites? Any photos of how your unit fits in the flight case would be appreciated so I can see if there's space for the faber tanks, accessories, etc.
CARRY ON The cheaper and less "expensive" looking the better.

Do not check it unless you absolutely have to. TSA will open it and lord know what kinds of balony they will do to it when you can't see.

I used a cheap rolling carry on when I had mine.. I can dig it out and find out the size and brand name later today if you want, but I imagine it was the max allowed size for the overhead bins. The BP went into the checked bag.

I used a cheap rolling carry on when I had mine.. I can dig it out and find out the size and brand name later today if you want, but I imagine it was the max allowed size for the overhead bins. The BP went into the checked bag.

Same for me, I just went to Costco and found the lightest one of the semi rigid carryons similar to this
https://www.costco.com/ricardo-big-...ner-with-packing-cubes.product.100665772.html

Hello Mike, I’ve travelled all over the world with my Prism 1, always with the the head/electronics in my carry-on. No chance of damage when something is always in your control. CLs, hoses and scrubber bucket are tough enough for checked bags. Also, O2 sensors should not be put in checked bags as they can be damaged by shock and temperature extremes. Never had any CCR equipment damaged with this method.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom