Rob Stewart Investigation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So @Rosborne in the interest of disclosures have you let people know that you were actually trained on the rEvo at Add Helium after Rob Stewarts death? Was Peter or Claudia your instructor? That you are actually friends with Peter Sotis? That you obfuscated and refused to interview Rob Stewart's family for the film the Third Dive. But were enough of a buzzard to show up at his Memorial in Denver and pick at his bones? This is simply sheer incompletely researched propaganda.
View attachment 615576 View attachment 615577 View attachment 615578

I'd also ask that you quote my material accurately. There are missing words and phrases in those quotes. If you want to misrepresent what I say, do so with your own words.

If you read that carefully, it says I approached Peter Sotis through a friend, not that I was a friend of Sotis. I was quite open about taking a course with Add Helium. My instructor was Robert Johnson. I wanted to learn more about the rEvo before making any comments about it in either the documentary or book. I thought that was the responsible thing to do. I reached out to the Stewarts and asked for an interview multiple times--for both the documentary and the book. We were invited to Denver. We could not have filmed there without an invite from the organizer. Please check your facts before you go off half cocked.
Yeah, but you never arranged for an interview with his family nor Brock Cahill. You've read Brock's deposition, what was his testimony under oath regarding whether or not these were considered training dives? You never bothered to interview him either. So let's just say it's very one sided. Why do the rebreather training with Add Helium? You don't see that as a conflict of interest?

Yeah, but you never arranged for an interview with his family nor Brock Cahill. You've read Brock's deposition, what was his testimony under oath regarding whether or not these were considered training dives? You never bothered to interview him either. So let's just say it's very one sided. Why do the rebreather training with Add Helium. You don't see that as a conflict of interest?

Who are you by the way, aside from some troll who likes to sit anonymously on the sidelines and make staggeringly ignorant comments. I did interview Brock by phone and by email. I made numerous attempts to interview the family and they declined. But the facts don't matter to you. You just want to heap criticism on to people. Every time I log on to this forum I am reminded of what a nest of trolls this place is. I am comforted by the words of the great Teddy Roosevelt,

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

the dolphin is a markedly different piece of equipment that would not be suitable for the dive profile. a closer analogy would be going back to commercial driving school to learn how to drive 18 wheelers even if you work as a driving instructor already teaching teens how to drive passenger cars.

Thank you,

You have answered my question.

So, a Dolphin is a semi closed/NITROX (recreational depth) rebreather.

No breathing gas mixing and no adjustment control of PPO2.

Thank you,

Rose.

Who are you by the way, aside from some troll who likes to sit anonymously on the sidelines and make staggeringly ignorant comments. I did interview Brock by phone and by email. I made numerous attempts to interview the family and they declined. But the facts don't matter to you. You just want to heap criticism on to people. Every time I log on to this forum I am reminded of what a nest of trolls this place is. I am comforted by the words of the great Teddy Roosevelt,
Try to tone down the drama and begging for sympathy by being martyred by SB trolls, when the real problem is your lack of journalistic integrity. The family reached out to you and you refused to interview them by your own admission. "Too close to picture." Right? But you sure took them up on going to Stewart's memorial in Denver so you could have that in your film. You've read all of these depositions and knew that Sotis submitted the training certifications on the day Stewart died.

The IANTD Trimix course is 4 days. We know day 1 of the training was Jan 27. Jan 29 was drive down the Keys day. So Jan 31 had to be a training day for a 4 day class. The call sheet only lists 3 days of training. And there was no training on Jan 26 by Add Helium's FB posts. So it looks like Sotis was agreeable to a shortened 2 day training course? Or was it two days in Ft. Lauderdale and two days at Islamorada? Jan 31 being the final date as Sotis had signed and dated the forms that Ken sent (inadvertently?) to IANTD. Then the request the next day to revoke the certifications?

I'll post portions of the Sharkwater Productions Call Sheet showing that Sotis was clearly intended to be an instructor leading up to the day of incident. He had to be if he was following IANTD guidelines, or he wasn't following the guidelines. SWP even paid for his and his wife's accommodations in the Keys at Amara Cay. So Sotis had to know that Stewart had 10/50, which Stewart wasn't certified to breathe, as his safety diver. Sotis clearly knew of the plan beforehand to do the training and go break the limits at Islamorada.

And lastly, Don't harass me with DM's with things you don't have the courage to say here. It's not personal. I don't even know you. This is about journalistic integrity, and shoddy, one-side work that favors certain parties to the litigation.
IANTD MOD 2.PNG
SWPCallSheet_SotisInstructor.PNG
SWPCallSheet_SotisHousing.PNG

Try to tone down the drama and begging for sympathy by being martyred by SB trolls, when the real problem is your lack of journalistic integrity. The family reached out to you and you refused to interview them by your own admission. "Too close to picture." Right? But you sure took them up on going to Stewart's memorial in Denver so you could have that in your film. You've read all of these depositions and knew that Sotis submitted the training certifications on the day Stewart died.

The IANTD Trimix course is 4 days. We know day 1 of the training was Jan 27. Jan 29 was drive down the Keys day. So Jan 31 had to be a training day for a 4 day class. The call sheet only lists 3 days of training. And there was no training on Jan 26 by Add Helium's FB posts. So it looks like Sotis was agreeable to a shortened 2 day training course? Or was it two days in Ft. Lauderdale and two days at Islamorada? Jan 31 being the final date as Sotis had signed and dated the forms that Ken sent (inadvertently?) to IANTD. Then the request the next day to revoke the certifications?

I'll post portions of the Sharkwater Productions Call Sheet showing that Sotis was clearly intended to be an instructor leading up to the day of incident. He had to be if he was following IANTD guidelines, or he wasn't following the guidelines. SWP even paid for his and his wife's accommodations in the Keys at Amara Cay. So Sotis had to know that Stewart had 10/50, which Stewart wasn't certified to breathe, as his safety diver. Sotis clearly knew of the plan beforehand to do the training and go break the limits at Islamorada.

And lastly, Don't harass me with DM's with things you don't have the courage to say here. It's not personal. I don't even know you. This is about journalistic integrity, and shoddy, one-side work that favors certain parties to the litigation.
View attachment 615989 View attachment 615990 View attachment 615991

I don't know where you get your information but its almost always wrong. I don't even know where to begin. So I won't. When you have the courage to come out of hiding, we can talk. In the meantime, troll on.

I see a lot of questions:
-What do you call inexperienced? I read about a lot of instructor levels, how many dives did he have and how long has he been diving? How many years are needed to become trimix instructor? What if agency requirements are met? Is there then still stomething wrong? Can't experienced divers make wrong decisions?

-The computer of a ccr with the amount of hours. How trustable is this? I know from people who just drop it at 5m under water to 'dive' and they wait theirselves at the surface. Another point is that maybe you borrow a unit and then others will dive it. There must be also an evaluation by the instructor to check the skills of the student. Maybe not documentated as it is no official coursedive, but normally this is done. Or the first course dive is used as evaluation, then it must be documentated. Do let's say 44 hours or 50 hours make a big difference in surviving this accident?

-Here you can buy every mix you want, nobody asks for a cert. I have been in the usa, and also nobody asked me for a cert when I rented tanks and asked for oxygen in the ccr cylinder.

-If you put in the ccr-computer a completely wrong mix, the ccr unit will hold the PO2 to hold you alive. Only the deco calculation is wrong then, not the PO2 measurement. Normally a redundant computer is used. At least a calculation of the dive must be made in front. Is this done? Was there another computer with the right mix? My units will work normally if I dive air diluent and in the computer is 6/72 (poormans mix), you will only see decodifferences. Is the diluent where is dived with known? I read here 10/20, but this will mean 70% nitrogen? This is important. But if you dive a 10/50 to 70m instead of a lets say 17/45, this will not be a big deal normally. If you want to dive 21% oxygen to 70m, you will need to breathe the oxygen away, otherwise your PO2 will be too high. So this is not a way to dive, dangerous.

Every freaking time this thread pops up I can't help but read it at Rod Stewart.

Uff, that haircut.

I don't know where you get your information but its almost always wrong. I don't even know where to begin. So I won't. When you have the courage to come out of hiding, we can talk. In the meantime, troll on.
Like anonymity has anything to do with veracity. You don’t know where to start because of the facts presented. All of which you knew before you published.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom