Leisure pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So in fairness. I they credited me the shipping cost. But I am still waiting for it. Don't know if it don't ship or was stuck with ups as it show a tracking number, But never showed delivered to UPS for a week. I don't know if I blame leisure pro or UPS. I'll order from them again

I buy from LP often. My experience has been nothing but good.
I suspect some of the horror stories are from dive shop employees who can't match some of their prices. In fact, I've been screwed by my LDS more than once.

My best customer experience with LP was when I actually made a dollar off them.

I ordered a Mares Puck from them a few years ago. I believe it was $149 with free shipping special. I was happy at the prompt deliver, and I opened it as soon as I got it. But it was the Mares Puck Pro. Since the Puck Pro was $179, I called them and told them they screwed up and I owed them another thirty bucks. The guy looked up my account and told me, "Yeah, the Mares Puck was shown as in stock on-line, but it was actually out of stock, so we sent you the Puck Pro model instead. No additional charge." I said, "Cool. If you guys are OK with it then I certainly am."

About 9 months later I decided I had to have the Shearwater, so I contacted LP and asked how much I could get for my Like new Mares Puck Pro with the box & all the papers & stuff on their gear-buyback program. I think it had 9 dives on it. They sent me a check for $150.

So basically I got to use their computer for 9 months, and they paid me a buck to do it.

I buy from LP often. My experience has been nothing but good.
I suspect some of the horror stories are from dive shop employees who can't match some of their prices. In fact, I've been screwed by my LDS more than once.

My best customer experience with LP was when I actually made a dollar off them.

I ordered a Mares Puck from them a few years ago. I believe it was $149 with free shipping special. I was happy at the prompt deliver, and I opened it as soon as I got it. But it was the Mares Puck Pro. Since the Puck Pro was $179, I called them and told them they screwed up and I owed them another thirty bucks. The guy looked up my account and told me, "Yeah, the Mares Puck was shown as in stock on-line, but it was actually out of stock, so we sent you the Puck Pro model instead. No additional charge." I said, "Cool. If you guys are OK with it then I certainly am."

About 9 months later I decided I had to have the Shearwater, so I contacted LP and asked how much I could get for my Like new Mares Puck Pro with the box & all the papers & stuff on their gear-buyback program. I think it had 9 dives on it. They sent me a check for $150.

So basically I got to use their computer for 9 months, and they paid me a buck to do it.

there are 3 negative reviews i can see from this thread and i just want to go on record and say categorically that i'm not a disgruntled alternate dive-shop owner or whatever other 'fake news' source :) i just had a crap experience with them...twice.

there are 3 negative reviews i can see from this thread and i just want to go on record and say categorically that i'm not a disgruntled alternate dive-shop owner or whatever other 'fake news' source :) i just had a crap experience with them...twice.

I understand. Since you quoted my post, note that I did say "some".
Look, I've owned and managed three successful businesses over the last 20 years.
There isn't a business on the planet that doesn't have some customer gripes. It just ain't possible in real life. If you find a business that has 100% good, they've doctored the reviews. That's why when you visit a website and you see the "Here's what our customers say about us" you can give it the credibility of rat spit. They're not going to post the "Your business sure does suck" review they got on their webpage.

I've had customers bitch because they bought ice cream at my convenient store and when they got it home an hour and a half later (in Houston in the summer...100 degrees outside) "it was melted".....(duh)
I've had customers bitch because they bought a light bulb at my store and a week later it it blew (Nobody warranties light bulbs).
I've had apartment complex managers complain and contact the BBB because my security guard didn't arrest the kids playing basketball in the apartment complex (playing basketball after 9pm isn't against the law, that's an apartment complex RULE, not an arrestable offense).
I had one customer raise hell and threaten to sue because customs confiscated his package he tried to send to Mexico (My Postal store has no control over Mexican customs officials).

There's legitimate complaints and then there's just customers being buttholes and expecting to have their butts kissed. As a business owner, I'll kiss butt to have a satisfied customer, but I'm not licking it. Some of those, like the melted ice cream, I can mitigate. Just bring back the carton and get another one. The ice cream man gives me credit for it, so it costs me nothing. But I can't replace your package you mailed to Mexico that you claim had $1,000 worth of irreplaceable heirlooms in it.

My LDS had a complaint filed against them with the BBB. Because the customer scheduled a dive 30 days in advance, then canceled the day prior and wanted a refund. That complaint stays there permanently on the BBB record even thought the complaint was BS, the customer knew the cancellation policy, and agreed to it when he signed up for the charter. It's not the LDS fault that the customer decided he couldn't drive from New York to North Carolina that weekend for whatever reason.

Surely there are some legitimate complaints, yours may be one of them, but it's false to say that 100% of bad reviews are legitimate for a business that's been in business very long.

I understand. Since you quoted my post, note that I did say "some".
Look, I've owned and managed three successful businesses over the last 20 years.
There isn't a business on the planet that doesn't have some customer gripes. It just ain't possible in real life. If you find a business that has 100% good, they've doctored the reviews. That's why when you visit a website and you see the "Here's what our customers say about us" you can give it the credibility of rat spit. They're not going to post the "Your business sure does suck" review they got on their webpage.

I've had customers bitch because they bought ice cream at my convenient store and when they got it home an hour and a half later (in Houston in the summer...100 degrees outside) "it was melted".....(duh)
I've had customers bitch because they bought a light bulb at my store and a week later it it blew (Nobody warranties light bulbs).
I've had apartment complex managers complain and contact the BBB because my security guard didn't arrest the kids playing basketball in the apartment complex (playing basketball after 9pm isn't against the law, that's an apartment complex RULE, not an arrestable offense).
I had one customer raise hell and threaten to sue because customs confiscated his package he tried to send to Mexico (My Postal store has no control over Mexican customs officials).

There's legitimate complaints and then there's just customers being buttholes and expecting to have their butts kissed. As a business owner, I'll kiss butt to have a satisfied customer, but I'm not licking it. Some of those, like the melted ice cream, I can mitigate. Just bring back the carton and get another one. The ice cream man gives me credit for it, so it costs me nothing. But I can't replace your package you mailed to Mexico that you claim had $1,000 worth of irreplaceable heirlooms in it.

My LDS had a complaint filed against them with the BBB. Because the customer scheduled a dive 30 days in advance, then canceled the day prior and wanted a refund. That complaint stays there permanently on the BBB record even thought the complaint was BS, the customer knew the cancellation policy, and agreed to it when he signed up for the charter. It's not the LDS fault that the customer decided he couldn't drive from New York to North Carolina that weekend for whatever reason.

Surely there are some legitimate complaints, yours may be one of them, but it's false to say that 100% of bad reviews are legitimate for a business that's been in business very long.

absolutely, but its also false to claim that some of 3 reviews are BS from competitive insiders without evidence of that IMO as well... it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. you said 'some of the horror stories' and there are basically 3 negative reviews of individual situations and they were all about individual issues as opposed to claiming that there is some intrinsic issue with the business ( unless if course you were referring to overall reviews everywhere and not just this thread, in which case, yup.) .. but i also think prefixing your statement with 'some' doesn't really detract from the essence of potentially discrediting legitimate issues that the business needs to improve on...

again, if you are overarching for every review everywhere, then sure, but i just want to make sure my review isn't lumped in with that, because when a vendor advertises something, says they have it in stock, takes your money for it and then days later says, 'oops, we actually never had that in the first place' and you are left scrambling to find it from somewhere else, that's pretty crappy service in my book and makes them unreliable.

some people will disagree, and that's cool. thats what a review is for as long as you explain the issue as opposed to writing crap like 'worst service ever' without any explanation. that stuff should be expunged.

absolutely, but its also false to claim that some of 3 reviews are BS from competitive insiders without evidence of that IMO as well... it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. you said 'some of the horror stories' and there are basically 3 negative reviews of individual situations and they were all about individual issues as opposed to claiming that there is some intrinsic issue with the business ( unless if course you were referring to overall reviews everywhere and not just this thread, in which case, yup.) .. but i also think prefixing your statement with 'some' doesn't really detract from the essence of potentially discrediting legitimate issues that the business needs to improve on...

again, if you are overarching for every review everywhere, then sure, but i just want to make sure my review isn't lumped in with that, because when a vendor advertises something, says they have it in stock, takes your money for it and then days later says, 'oops, we actually never had that in the first place' and you are left scrambling to find it from somewhere else, that's pretty crappy service in my book and makes them unreliable.

some people will disagree, and that's cool. thats what a review is for as long as you explain the issue as opposed to writing crap like 'worst service ever' without any explanation. that stuff should be expunged.

Yeah I meant reviews anywhere. Far as I know all three (I haven't even read them) complaints on this forum regarding LP may be valid. My input was that my experience over the last 6 years with LP has been only positive and that some customers everywhere tend to play the "poor abused victim" drama game when making complaints against any business.

Seems like it would have been better with USPS all the way...

It is, but it's more expensive.
UPS delivers bulk to your local post office. Your post office takes it from your local post office to your home. Given the USPS record, I wouldn't be surprised how long they let it lay around until they get around to delivering it, if at all. My son and Xwife works for the post office. The stories I can tell.

LP is able to make more profit margin on shipping using "Mail Innovations" VS using UPS Merchants POB -to-Customers door delivery.

I ordered some model railroad stuff a couple years ago. Never came. I called the company fussing and wanting to know where my stuff was I had paid for 2 weeks prior. They said, "It's right here. We shipped it, and it was returned to us. The label says the delivery address is uninhabited." They faxed me a copy of the label and I headed down to the post office with it to talk with the postmaster to ask why in our little town, where they deliver mail to my house 6 days per week, all of a sudden it was "uninhabited" this time. He didn't have an answer. He also said the postage wasn't refundable. So I had to pay twice for delivery once.

It was BS. The grass is mowed, there's cars in the driveway, the place in well maintained. "uninhabited" was an excuse for a mail carrier who didn't feel like stopping that day. Most likely my son says, it was a substitute deliver guy and the regular mail carrier was out that day.

I buy from them often. Quick delivery usually a day or two. I had a gift certificate to LP forgot I had it and it expired. I emailed them with the certificate number and they honored it it. Nothing but good things to say about LP.

I buy from them often. Quick delivery usually a day or two. I had a gift certificate to LP forgot I had it and it expired. I emailed them with the certificate number and they honored it it. Nothing but good things to say about LP.

You forgot about a gift certificate for 5 years? o_O

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom