Diving Morehead City in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I lived in Otway for a couple years. I really liked that museum. If a dive gets blown out....you can dive the pier across the street from that address. It's actually a pretty interesting dive.
Cheers.

Off of Front St? I would assume dive flag needed. Do you have to ask anyone permission? I'm always up for a shore dive if everything goes to hell.

Off of Front St? I would assume dive flag needed. Do you have to ask anyone permission? I'm always up for a shore dive if everything goes to hell.
I never asked permission, and wasn't dealing with a dive flag around a pier.
I have no less than 30 dives under that pier, never had an issue.
The term "Outlaw Solo Diver." applies to much of my diving past.
Not so much anymore.
*Be advised.* There are Bull sharks in the area. I would bump into them (literally.) more inland when, I was getting my Flounder, and Crab for supper. They were probably doing the same thing. They seem to like "Brackish Water."
One of the few species that can survive there. Although, I am most certainly not a shark expert. This is only from first hand experience.
I suppose, I could change my tagline to "Outlaw Stupid Diver.":confused:
Cheers.

I never asked permission, and wasn't dealing with a dive flag around a pier.
I have no less than 30 dives under that pier, never had an issue.
The term "Outlaw Solo Diver." applies to much of my diving past.
Not so much anymore.
*Be advised.* There are Bull sharks in the area. I would bump into them (literally.) more inland when, I was getting my Flounder, and Crab for supper. They were probably doing the same thing. They seem to like "Brackish Water."
One of the few species that can survive there. Although, I am most certainly not a shark expert. This is only from first hand experience.
I suppose, I could change my tagline to "Outlaw Stupid Diver.":confused:
Cheers.

What's the viz like near the pier? I mean, I'm sure it changes, but average over 30 dives?

I hate to keep asking questions, but what's the depth around there? That sounds like fun!
Hello. Sorry, I don't know. I've reached 18ft. The dredge it periodically. I never ventured away from ambient light. The center of the channel (For lack of a better term.) becomes very dark, very quick
Could be 30ft for all I know.
Bring a knife, a lot of people fish there. You potentially could get entangled.
Cheers.

No, no go:(

We're at Fantasy Lake now...at least it's something. Hoping to get out tomorrow...

No, no go:(

We're at Fantasy Lake now...at least it's something. Hoping to get out tomorrow...
Bummer. Tomorrow looks better...good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom