Where to send regs away for service?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Normally I would recommend DRIS as they do great work at a reasonable price and are usually pretty quick. Understanding the OPs situation, maybe consider taking them locally to Elmer's Watersports in Evanston, Myron has worked on a lot of regs and is a tech diver.

What makes you entitled to an explanation for anyone’s actions on something that doesn’t involve you?

Entitled? Nothing. You posted, that “involves” anyone who reads it and is interested. I find it constructive, in a discussion forum, when people discuss.

You posted a question about mail order servicing regs, and when offered a service provider with a generally positive reputation and a presence here, dismissed them without stated reason. I was curious if there was new info about DRIS; @Zef posted a link; I am informed.

Lazy is an insult. I am not Italian.
Ok, lesson learned.
Sorry of having used the wrong wording. Really sorry. My English is not good enough, I have to improve it.
What is the English/American word for what I mean, that is the "positive side" of being lazy?
I am sure that there is a proper word for what I did mean...

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

There have been some posts deleted on this thread.

Please try to rise above and let this thread continue with regard to recommendations and good intentioned, well meaning posts.

Ok, lesson learned.
Sorry of having used the wrong wording. Really sorry. My English is not good enough, I have to improve it.
What is the English/American word for what I mean, that is the "positive side" of being lazy?
I am sure that there is a proper word for what I did mean...

Funny, I don’t think there is one.

Two slang terms come to mid as possibly apt: “chill” (adj.) and “laid back” — but those aren’t widely accepted English yet. (One of the classic untranslatables is “sprezzatura” — it’s possible “pigriza” is in the same category.) Generally, though, all related words in English that I can think of have mildly to strongly negative connotations.