Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ru
A letter of support from an Indonesian business entity is required, along with proof of US$1500 in immediately available funds. Once equiped, you apply in person to the nearest consulate.

It’s a relatively simple process. Unless you’re an Australian.

“From a US perspective it’s easy,” says Jamie Gray, owner of The Perfect Wave surf travel company.
Rules changed a bit since then. And if you read the article it is not easy at all for the average tourist.

Ru

Rules changed a bit since then. And if you read the article it is not easy at all for the average tourist.

Perhaps someone can go to their local Indonesian Consulate and post their experience. I'll guarantee that they'll tell you the types of visas you can apply for, and using an agent is the most convenient way to arrange a sponsor.

As a matter of fact, I ran into an Australian woman today paying for her visa to return to Indonesia

I agree with you that it's not easy for the average tourist especially Australian, but I feel that to share proper information and facts is more important than to oversensitalise the current covid situation.

Perhaps someone can go to their local Indonesian Consulate and post their experience. I'll guarantee that they'll tell you the types of visas you can apply for, and using an agent is the most convenient way to arrange a sponsor.

As a matter of fact, I ran into an Australian woman today paying for her visa to return to Indonesia

I agree with you that it's not easy for the average tourist, but I feel that to share proper information and facts is more important than to oversensitalise the current covid situation.
I shared the link to the official immigration website. There anybody will find the latest updates. The other link I shared gave, in my opinion, a proper short overview of the latest rules.

I shared the link to the official immigration website. There anybody will find the latest updates. The other link I shared gave, in my opinion, a proper short overview of the latest rules.

Going directly to the Indonesian consulate instead of internet & phone will give more clarity.

There is hope at this moment, more so for the European & American travellers than Australian visitors. But after having a chat with the Australian woman who paid for her Indonesian visa today, I can seperate fact from fiction

OK, @DownUnderwater Dan - in a paragraph, what exactly are you trying to say about near-term tourist travel to Indonesia? Nothing you have said to date makes ANY sense. Italy is preparing new rules, as is most of Europe. The USA is deteriorating rapidly. Who exactly is going to be traveling?

OK, @DownUnderwater Dan - in a paragraph, what exactly are you trying to say about near-term tourist travel to Indonesia? Nothing you have said to date makes ANY sense. Italy is preparing new rules, as is most of Europe. The USA is deteriorating rapidly. Who exactly is going to be traveling?

My guess, an Australian woman?

But why and how? I thought the Australian folk were almost tied down at home.

My guess, an Australian woman?

But why and how? I thought the Australian folk were almost tied down at home.

Yes indeed, Australians are pretty much tied down here, and she would of needed an exemption from the Australian government to leave the country. In our brief chat, she said she already had houses in Bali, so I believe that in her case, that would of been 1 reason as to be granted an exemption

Not the Europeans. Not that they would not want to, but because they do not have the money. In Germany, this year around 25% of the workforce will have 30% less net income, and the worst is yet to come because we have to deal with Brexit and some of our industries were already starting to restructer before CoVid-19.

He said it earlier. Before he moved the goal posts, his suggestion was to get a business visa and then go diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom