Bonne Terre Mine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PoPo Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
There was discussion on another thread about Bonne Terre and their operation status. Here is a video I made on my trip in July.

I always think about diving there when I go home to St Louis. How many dives did you do? Is it unique enough to warrant a visit?

I did 3 dives that day. They offer multiple “trails” but you have to go with a dive guide, so they typically dictate what trails you do. I would go back, especially if I were closer, or in your case, going back for a visit. I would advise to pack bare essentials. You have to carry your kit down into the mine and back out. They have tanks and fill station waterside but you are responsible for the rest of your kit.

Which thread? What is their operational status?

I can’t find it now, it may have been buried in another discussion. I went in July and they were up and running. There was some discussion about them closing down (prior to me going) over some tax issues but it appears to have been speculation. I spoke with one of the trail guides the other day and she didn’t let on that anything was amiss. My only real complaint about the operation is my dad and I paid for the “mine diver certification” for a keepsake and we haven’t received it yet. Multiple attempts to contact have resulted in “ we are working on it” “ we are really backed up” type responses.

The issue, as I understand it, is non-payment of lease agreement to the owner. I have no idea as to the status of that case, as it is not on my list of destinations.

DW

Thanks for sharing the video. One of these days I’ll make the hour drive to visit.

@explore_DMC I have done Trails 1 - 9ish there and I enjoyed them all a lot. Trail 5 was one of my favorites so it is worth doing Day 2 of a visit there. You can dive anytime of the year - some of mine were mid-February with snow falling outside and nice weather inside. The place is definitely unique and I would go back as long as the next dives set up are different enough from the last ones that I did.

@PoPo Diver I had a similar issue with the keepsake Mine Diver certification but was back in town for work and stopped by the shop (which is near the airport) and they got it completed.

One thing to be aware of with BT. If you have to cancel for ANY reason, you lose all your money. You don’t get your money to apply towards another date.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom