Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heat doesn't ice or snow you in your home for a week.
In the far North it can't-- or you'd not leave home for 6 months. From about 1962 to 2015 schools were closed one day for 6 feet of accumulated snow. That was Nov. 23, 1990.

Yeah, hate cooking on the surface in the summer.

I agree, if it's cold under I'd rather it be colder / cooler up top.

No sweat, no bugs in the fall / winter. I like it when it feels good to get all the thermals on and kit up. If it's hot it can be pretty miserable.

And how about when something goes wrong? Ring doesn't seal, p valve is loose, o ring blows out? Oh man, I've had all 3 happen in the last couple months (all my fault) but when it's hot it's the worst knowing you have to drag your ass back to the table one more time, lol.

Did my SDI Solo class this weekend. Passed just fine. :D

The 200ft no mask swim while following a line was much more fun than expected. :rofl3:
Just curious. No mask swim following a line is different. Obviously not an ascent. What is the reasoning for a solo course? What does the line signify?

Just curious. No mask swim following a line is different. Obviously not an ascent. What is the reasoning for a solo course? What does the line signify?
I think the line is just for the distance.

I think the skill itself for SDI solo is just to dive without mask for a certain distance.

Is it just to show your proficiency in dealing with a broken mask strap ?

I think the line is just for the distance.

I think the skill itself for SDI solo is just to dive without mask for a certain distance.

Is it just to show your proficiency in dealing with a broken mask strap ?
Perhaps easier in fresh water than salt? Not really a broken mask strap, perhaps a lost mask?

And that why you carry a spare mask.
Yeah being proficient with a spare mask is way more useful of a skill than horizontally swimming a line without a mask by yourself

Perhaps easier in fresh water than salt? Not really a broken mask strap, perhaps a lost mask?

No stingy stuff definitely makes it easier.

We also got tied up to simulate entanglement and our fins were even taken (at separate times). I just wallow about without them! :rofl3:

Lots of gear malfunction drills. It was kind of fun, wondering what instructor was going to do next. Butt clip on both my tanks was even undone.

It was a SM weekend! I did SM with my LP50s. Got my second pair this weekend, BTW. DM assigned to watch me was also SMing 50s. Gal my age. Instructor was SM, as was the other student. The odd man out was the other DM who was in BM doubles. There were originally supposed to be five students total. Don’t know what happened to the other three, but smaller classes are always nicer.

Back
Top Bottom