You GOTTA have insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm lucky to as I have VA, no premiums and no co-pays for anything.

Other than the nicely healed scar that ruins my plans for modeling men's beach attire for women's magazines,
Did you have a realistic plan for that before the scar?

Asking for a friend.

A friend of ours living in Canada was diagnosed a number of years ago with stage 4 cancer. She got immediate treatment and is doing fine now. She has so far paid exactly $0.00.
Sounds like a typical situation for a seriously ill person living in a single-payer healthcare system.

EDIT: My latest emergency surgery was an acute appendectomy. Cost me exactly zero, except for the rather minor pain and the - rather minor - inconvenience. More lately, a person in my closest circle of associates underwent a cholecystectomy. With complications. Again, disregarding the personal issues, at zero economic cost. In a single-payer health system, this is one of those things for which you (grudgingly) pay your taxes. Which, for many - probably the majority, might very well be less than you would have to pay for a decent health insurance in a privately-financed health system.

Did you have a realistic plan for that before the scar?

Asking for a friend.
Being realistic about things is not my strong suit. I told a physician friend of mine that I lost the feeling of immortality I enjoyed after my bypass surgery. He said it was good that I was finally abandoning my delusions.

Sounds like a typical situation for a seriously ill person living in a single-payer healthcare system.
We in America will not allow that sort of thing. We happily insist on paying 2-3 times as much for our healthcare, because what we pay does not involve that nasty word "taxes." Money spent out of your pocket or to the insurance company is fine; money paid in taxes is forbidden, even if it is less.

We in America will not allow that sort of thing. We happily insist on paying 2-3 times as much for our healthcare, because what we pay does not involve that nasty word "taxes." Money spent out of your pocket or to the insurance company is fine; money paid in taxes is forbidden, even if it is less.
We are stupid.

We have somehow made it to 4 pages on my phone without this getting moved to the pub, I'm shocked.

Allow me to disagree. Just uninformed and chronically lied to.
The truth is available, the stupid refuse to seek it out, willful ignorance is stupid.

You already spend more in taxes per capita on health care than the U.K. does.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom