Why I love Atomic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rsingler

Scuba Instructor, Tinkerer in Brass
Staff member
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So here's a stainless SS1 that came in for service after two years. I'm not an SS1/Airsource/Air 2 fan. Two identical seconds for me.

But what other seat could look like that? You can barely see the orifice impression. Nothing like the floating seats on all Atomic's seconds, SS1 included.
20201017_135310.jpg

And compare this SS deflation valve stem with the verdigris corrosion on every other chromed brass valve stem out there.
20201017_135442.jpg

No, I don't work for Atomic. My LDS sells them along with Aqualung and Scubapro. But some things are worth pointing out.

Jes sayin'...

Highest quality products and designs made in the US of A from a stable company that has been in business for a very long time. Far more than what the small time wanna be companies that claim to be "manufacturers" but they source everything they sell from companies in Asia who are copy cats of products made in the US or Western Europe can offer.

But what other seat could look like that? You can barely see the orifice impression. Nothing like the floating seats on all Atomic's seconds, SS1 included.

I have never owned an Atomic regulator, my first and only Atomic product is a mask which I love. If one day they make a shiny or unique second stage, say chromed brass or a variation on barrel poppet design, I would be truly interested.

The main reason I comment here is curiosity about the floating seat. Until you mentioned it, I was unaware of this feature. After seeing a short youtube video of the floating seat in action, I have to say that is a nifty design.

The only reason I don't have an atomic reg is I like diaphragm over piston, no logical reason I just do.

Reactions: OTF
Great feature until you put one on a stage/deco bottle and accidentally purge it thus flooding it, ask me how I know. That said I absolutely love my M1s, just don’t use them on stage/deco bottles anymore.

Great feature until you put one on a stage/deco bottle and accidentally purge it thus flooding it, ask me how I know. That said I absolutely love my M1s, just don’t use them on stage/deco bottles anymore.
This is regarding the seat-saving feature, not the awesome auto venturi.

Highest quality products and designs made in the US of A from a stable company that has been in business for a very long time. Far more than what the small time wanna be companies that claim to be "manufacturers" but they source everything they sell from companies in Asia who are copy cats of products made in the US or Western Europe can offer.
Dude, I take a German car over a US or Libyan made any time ... rock on

Dude, I take a German car over a US or Libyan made any time ... rock on
But not a Chinese car.

P.S. You'll still need Libyan oil to power that car :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom