Where to send regs away for service?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AirTech (mentioned above) gets my Poseidons. They did a good job. If I was to mail other current model regulators for service, they likely would be my choice.

I use Air Down There, but they are local to me.

DRIS is absolutely not an option.

you’ve been a DRIS fan girl since joining scubaboard. Did they mess up your regs or worse?

*Zef gave link to answer below

you’ve been a DRIS fan girl since joining scubaboard. Did they mess up your regs or worse?

The relationship between the OP and their former favorite shop went sour after what seems like some issues that occurred out on their boat. Here is a link to a rather long thread where the issue eventually came to light...the link will take you to page 89, see post 890 from DRIS and then read back or forward to get a sense of the "what" and "why" of whatever happened and why the OP is looking for some place new to spend their money: My AN/DP/Helitrox course

-Z

When I did read the title of this topic, something in your words did hurt me.
"send regs away" to be serviced.
I would never separate myself from my regs. Nor allow an unknown guy, possibly with sub-par technical qualifications, to mess inside them.
I service them myself since 1977. And many others here on SB find that this is the only safe way...
I could consider bringing them to a local shop where I know the technician and I thrust him entirely. But also in that case I would ask to be present during servicing...
So my recommendation is to never leave your regs in someone other's hands.
If you are too lazy for servicing them, you have just two options;
1) find a technician you thrust and ask him to service the regs in front of you.
2) every two years buy a new set, trading in the old ones.
Option 2) could seem crazy, but in the end is not so much more expensive, and it is definitely the safest one.
Exactly as with cars: people using them for work do not buy cars, they long-rent them, and swap for a new car when they exceed the number of kilometers requiring major service (typically 100.000 km here in Europe, which can be less than 2 years for people travelling for work).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom