Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don’t understand your point? You still had to get to the boat in Egypt...I was just commenting that it was basically no real issue in Egypt..
Sorry, because this forum is about Indonesia I thought you meant this could work in the same way here as in Egypt.

(Deleted)

actually....on reflection.....I’m not even getting into it.
Well, people being married for 30 years often still do not understand each other. Why should we? But I meant to point out that you could be infected (or your government/insurance company thinks that) on your way from home to the live aboard.

I wonder how all of you see, or want to see, scuba diving in Indonesia after all travel bans are gone. Assuming that there is not a 100% protection by a vaccine yet. What would you demand for the flights getting here? What would your requirements for the set up of the meals be? How should the diving be organized? What would be do do' s and dont' s? Thanks a lot for any input.

I would step on a plane right now, no questions asked. I am young and pretty healthy, no pre-existing conditions.
Everyone has to weigh their on risks though.

Only if they feel they have no responsibility for the consequences of their actions on everyone else.

In your case you are coming from Spain. Overall Spain is doing badly, whether you are in a badly hit region I cannot know. If you travel to Indonesia you may take infection with you. Being young and healthy maybe you’d not be showing symptoms.

So the real risk is not to you but to others.

A bit of a theme in this and the similar thread is how the tourists are essential to the economy of Indonesia, this link gives a different impression

https://www.worlddata.info/asia/indonesia/tourism.php

With tourism being only a couple of percent and the take per tourist being quite small.

I would step on a plane right now, no questions asked. I am young and pretty healthy, no pre-existing conditions.

Healthy today has no meaning for tomorrow!!!!!!!
The situation in Spain is getting worst!! It will be over 1m next Monday by the existing infection rate!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom