Aqualung regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rvojr

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently purchased a lot of equipment which had this regulator. Any idea of the roughly the year, model or anything about it? It states aqualung with some numbers on the back: 75 30518 Can I get it rebuilt or would it be a do it myself kind of job?

Attachments

• IMG_2500.jpg
    IMG_2500.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_2501.jpg
    IMG_2501.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_2502.jpg
    IMG_2502.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 206
For more than you would ever want to know about Aquarius regulators

Anyone feel like giving a history lesson on the Aquarius by USD/Aqualung?

Yours is from 1975. The 75 from the serial number was the year it was made.

If you're really attached to it, you can get service kits for it from vintagedoublehose.com

It will probably be hard to find someone willing to service it for you.

A very easy regulator to service, with just 3 internal o-rings.

It's basically an unbalanced piston first stage like the current Aqualung Calypso or Scubapro MK2, with one big advantage:- Instead of adjusting IP using internal plastic shims which require disassembly to add or remove, you adjust IP by screwing the endcap in or out like on a balanced diaphragm. Very simple and a much better design approach.

You can find the schematic here:
US Divers Aquarius

The second stage is a standard conshelf second.

I still dive with my Aquarius and also use one for my pony bottle. They are as reliable as you can get. Very easy to rebuild them and parts are still available. Good breathing regs but limit depth to 120 feet or so.

Pretty much like every one said. Vintagedoublehose.com will have a service kit and they may still have a piston for the first stage if needed. Not too many parts involved in the first stage which helps make it super reliable. The spring is the hard part to find if it is worn out.

The second stage is a also simple to work on and parts are still plentiful as it is the same as the old metal Conshelfs the US Navy still uses. Vintagedoublehose.com has even some videos to help you learn how to service it!

Make sure if you use it in saltwater you give a good pressurized warm water soaking and it will last forever!

20201014_094359.jpg
20201010_084745.jpg

All work and have been serviced by me since the late 80ies, one is stamped 1980 the other 1982, I still have a box of unused parts, had one ammo box stolen full of seats, springs etc in a removal [must have wanted the ammo box]
Used these for years with a Fenzy for deeper dives with backpack, before I acquired my first Scubapro, held off until the Mk 10 -190 [still have them].

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom