Polish navy divers work to defuse "tallboy" bomb, with vid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coldwaterglutton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It detonated during the attempted controlled burn. Big boom (starts at :30). No one hurt:

Here's a drone view of the explosion, followed by video of the divers working on it earlier:

Wow. Another reminder not to play with the cylindrical objects off the starboard bow of the USS San Diego.

That was awesome, great footage of the huge blast! Hah the first video seems to imply the divers blew themselves up "divers began a delicate operation to defuse the bomb - cut to - ENORMOUS EXPLOSION"

Wild to think about all the boats floating just feet over that thing all these years with nobody ever knowing. And all those poor rapidly chowderized fish!

I hope there were no divers under water at the time of the explosion, otherwise there will be few blown ears.

I hope there were no divers under water at the time of the explosion, otherwise there will be few blown ears.
Actually, the concussion would likely kill them and turn their insides into jelly.

It detonated during the attempted controlled burn. Big boom (starts at :30). No one hurt:

Here's a drone view of the explosion, followed by video of the divers working on it earlier:
Why the stupid music? Let's hear the boom.

The Polish government has evacuated everyone within 1500m before they started the ignition.

The music was stupid, but I can't find a version of the video with the sound.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom