Do you pee less with drysuits than with wetsuits?

Does your pee volume change with drysuits?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't drink anything before diving or during intervals and have never had to pee during a dive. Merry says I have a super bladder because I sometimes go 8-12 hours without having to pee.

I didn't vote because it's hard for me to say. It might be a little less in a drysuit, or the same; it's certainly not as much less as I had hoped.

In a wetsuit, I don't even try to hold it. Nor do I think about how much I'm drinking and when, relative to the dive. When I dive dry, I avoid coffee (which is hard for me, especially with those early-morning boat dives) and I just take little sips of water at a time. I also make sure to use the bathroom right before gearing up and during each surface interval. If I were this diligent to avoid peeing in my wetsuit, I might be equally successful. But part of the appeal of the wetsuit is that I can drive an hour to a beach with no bathroom, chug an entire travel mug of coffee on the way, and only have to hold it till I get past the breakers.

At some point, especially if I want to go tech, I'm going to have to give some consideration to a She-P. ::Shudder.:: You boys are lucky.

I LOVE my p valve. If anything, I am @MaxBottomtime arch nemesis. If he can hold it for 8-12, I bet I go 4-5 in a 2 hr dive.

It's not just having to go either, if I'm diving and I'm thinking about peeing it really takes away from the dive. The ability to let go during a dive and get back to diving is one of the best decisions I ever made to do to my dry suit. Fairly easy straight forward install.

In my defense I do try to stay fairly hydrated.

I can't imagine what my life will be like as I get older. I may have to wear a catheter everywhere I go...

After 4 or 5 dives, doing a catheter is pretty easy.

I didn't vote on the poll. It has been nearly 12 years since my last wetsuit dive, so I just don't have an "apples to apples" comparison.

That being said, I agree with rob.mwpropane, I love having the valve. I drink what I want, when I want, and don't give it a second thought.

DW

At some point, especially if I want to go tech, I'm going to have to give some consideration to a She-P. ::Shudder.:: You boys are lucky.

Just do it now. There can be a bit of a learning curve. I will say that Fourth Element Arctic socks are great at absorbing leaks that have gotten that far down!

:rofl3:

This poll seems to be not specific enough.

Wetsuit / drysuit: during the day I feel no urge to piss myself.

Around 3am, the jury claims a significant chance of excess liquid...

When I got my first drysuit, I included a pee valve. Although I attach the catheter each time, I rarely use it. I've been thinking about skipping it. When I dive without the drysuit, I go every time I dive - usually multiple times.
NOTHING makes me have to go faster then getting in the water for "just a short dive" without a catheter on

I never did pee in a wetsuit but I’ve had a few very uncomfortable dives where I did have the feeling I had to pee and had to hold it for like half an hour or more.
In do 90% of my dives dry, use a catheter if it gets longer then 90 minutes but rarely have to use it.
Diving dry it’s less for sure

NOTHING makes me have to go faster then getting in the water for "just a short dive" without a catheter on

Could not agree with this more. Went diving Sunday. Catheter didn't feel right gearing up so I went to change it out....no spares. Ok, no problem, I'll just dive without. Not ONCE but TWICE in 2 hours i came FLYING out of the water to go. AMD the worst part is I need to be unzipped....so my buddy has to come with.

NEVER AGAIN. Bought another bag same day, will always have spares now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom