Coz Dive Ops That Handle Gear During Covid19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobra269

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Most off site dive tops will keep all your gear for you. Post COVID you keep your reg. Some don't do wetsuits, so it would not be that much.

So my preferred dive op for over 10 years wants you to take all your dive gear every day off the boat, which is everything except for tanks and weights which they provide. You forgot about the camera gear. At my age it's just to much weight to haul twice a day at the the distance to the other pier. I go on vacation to relax and dive. Will wait until Apr/May of 2021 to dive Cozumel again. In the meantime will do Roatan and Cayman Brac.

Why not take this opportunity to try one of the many fine valet ops, Tres pelicanos, BlueXtSea, Aldora, Living Underwater, Blue Project and many more. They willl all pick you up at the dock and your gear will be ready for you on the boat. No Hauling ....only the camera

So my preferred dive op for over 10 years wants you to take all your dive gear every day off the boat, which is everything except for tanks and weights which they provide. You forgot about the camera gear. At my age it's just to much weight to haul twice a day at the the distance to the other pier. I go on vacation to relax and dive. Will wait until Apr/May of 2021 to dive Cozumel again. In the meantime will do Roatan and Cayman Brac.

Sounds like you need a new dive op.

Why not take this opportunity to try one of the many fine valet ops, Tres pelicanos, BlueXtSea, Aldora, Living Underwater, Blue Project and many more. They willl all pick you up at the dock and your gear will be ready for you on the boat. No Hauling ....only the camera

Until more or less recently, BlueXTSea and Aldora will not take care of your wetsuits.
Regardless, this is a list of fine dive ops.
Add Blue Magic to the list of full valet shops.

The current restrictions by my dive shop is due to COVID 19 otherwise could leave gear except for wet suit. With the current situation I agree with it. With all that's going on with COVID do all the dive shops mention above not taking any safety precautions for their clients?

The current restrictions by my dive shop is due to COVID 19 otherwise could leave gear except for wet suit. With the current situation I agree with it. With all that's going on with COVID do all the dive shops mention above not taking any safety precautions for their clients?

How exactly is not taking your gear a "safety precaution"? Are they not setting up gear or changing tanks? Are they no longer providing rental gear?

I have all my own gear except for weights and tanks. I'm talking about all gear stacked on top on each other when the boat is unloaded and then all gear from all divers for the op that day being rinsed in a communal tank which might or might not have disinfected added. I don't even use a communal rinse tank for my wet suit for obvious reasons. As a high risk person I'll do what is best for me and everyone else will do what is best for them. Happy diving.

How exactly is not taking your gear a "safety precaution"? Are they not setting up gear or changing tanks? Are they no longer providing rental gear?
I have always used rental gear when I have gone to Cozumel but these days I would have reservations about using a rental regulator.

I have always used rental gear when I have gone to Cozumel but these days I would have reservations about using a rental regulator.

That wasn't my question though. My point is that if an op won't handle the gear you use that you own "due to covid" then surely they won't handle the gear that you use that you rent. So are these ops that are refusing to handle your gear and blaming it on covid also refusing to rent gear?

I have all my own gear except for weights and tanks. I'm talking about all gear stacked on top on each other when the boat is unloaded and then all gear from all divers for the op that day being rinsed in a communal tank which might or might not have disinfected added. I don't even use a communal rinse tank for my wet suit for obvious reasons. As a high risk person I'll do what is best for me and everyone else will do what is best for them. Happy diving.

What you choose to do for yourself isn't the same issue as having that choice forced upon or taken away from you. You always had the choice to not use the rinse tank long before covid. You seemed to be suggesting that any op allowing a customer to choose for themselves to allow their gear to be handled was being irresponsible by failing to take "safety precautions for their clients". I don't know of any valet op that ever required a customer to let them keep and rinse the gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom