Herd Immunity in Indonesia

Would you travel to Indonesia after they have accomplished herd immunity?

• Yes

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK acidrush, you must be glad to get that off your chest. I can clearly see that you're very open minded. Btw, I get more insight watching Beavis & Butthead and Ren & Stimpy cartoons than any of your posts
You are trolling again. If you can't match the facts, insult the poster.

An example of utter stupidity from that declaration:
"A comprehensive and detailed list of measures, including approaches to multi-generational households, can be implemented, and is well within the scope and capability of public health professionals."

Yes, sure. In Germany, we estimate that even before Covid-19 we were short 100.000 people in the public health sector.

CamScanner 10-12-2020 12.14.43_copy_818x294.jpg

Just to give some numbers: In Germany (pop. 83 million), 10 million people would be considered "very high risk" and an additional 10 million "high risk". Go figure how to protect them.

Humans are so advanced in technology that we can send robots to Mars & to the deepest oceans. But we can't figure how to protect them? Oh the humanity!... we all must be doomed

Let me know when you come out from under your rock

Humans are so advanced in technology that we can send robots to Mars & to the deepest oceans. But we can't cure a cold.

Fixed that for you Baldrick.

Humans are so advanced in technology that we can send robots to Mars & to the deepest oceans. But we can't figure how to protect them? Oh the humanity!... we all must be doomed

I can think of many issues that human being has absolutely no solution for them, can't you?

Do you know where did we came from or the origin of this universe etc etc?

Well, if you have a robot that can take care of people....
It's not about technology, it's about man-power.

Just to show the magnitude of burden going for "herd imunity" would put on a half way decent health system:
Germany would have an additional 40 million infections. Based on the data available (which includes information on age and health status), one can expect a hospitalisation rate of 10%, of which some 20% will require ICU treatment. Without jeopardizing other patients, 8000 ICU beds can be made available for CoVid-19 patients, which need them for an average of 2 weeks. In absolut numbers:

4.000.000 people hospitalised, of which
800.000 will be in ICU
so after 50! months we are through

Sounds like a viable plan. NOT.

Scientists call for Covid herd immunity strategy for young

An international group of scientists has called on governments to overturn their coronavirus strategies and allow young and healthy people to return to normal life while protecting the most vulnerable.

World Health Organisation special adviser David Nabarro, Harvard University epidemiologist Martin Kulldorff and Stanford Medicine professor of medicine and epidemiology John Ioannidis are some of the hundreds of international health experts now condemning lockdowns.

They warn of the diabolical "collateral damage" to the 99 per cent of people for whom COVID-19 is a very mild illness.

Harvard's Kulldorff is one of many infectious disease experts who have signed the Great Barrington Declaration, which warns that "excess" deaths will ultimately be higher under lockdowns and instead calls for policies that better protect the vulnerable.

I really hope people & governments start paying attention to the science. People should not be made to feel guilty to want to dive in Indonesia...save your guilt trips for yourself
Did you try reading to the bottom of the article?

These people may be scientists but they are not using science here, they have an opinion. Find enough people and you can get any opinion you like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom