spg off by 30bars??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got one of these. Cressi Digital Console SPG.

CRESSI  CONSOLE.jpg

Congrats! I never knew anyone who bought one before. Don’t lose the cover plate.

You don't really need it. The SPG will start once you open the tank or start the dive. I put it it my camera carry bag when going on dives though. Keep it dry :)

I'm the second one who bought one Cressi Digi 2 spg.
The cover plate has a small magnet on the bottom right corner that is necessary in case you want to change from metric to imperial units.
In that case you do not need to pressurize the spg.
You can also use any small magnet for the purpose.

I wonder how many heads are rolling at Cressi over that device. Sales are abyssmal.

I think the device suffers from bad advertising...
Think at it as a bottom timer with air integration ... and to be more versatile it could just have a way (button) to reset the average depth and more divers could also be interested.

And now: a bottom timer with user replaceable battery with a plus: air integration to reduce the need of a fragile and heavy mechanical SPG for just half or less the price of a well known bottom timers.

I'm in no way connected to Cressi ;-) But I would not return another Digi 2 if they would like to be thankful to me ;-)

Just because you love your wife doesn't mean you need to to criticise mine

I see your truly love for her - you are right and I apologize for my previous words.
I also confess that on my technical rig I have your sister in law mounted and clipped on my hip left d-ring;-)

I wonder how many heads are rolling at Cressi over that device. Sales are abyssmal.

Perhaps not well marketed. Also some people don't want another device with a battery in it although it's easily replaced. I bought it as the screen is so easy to read. I do sometimes have to explain to people what the Range on the screen means which is time left to 50 bar from any point on the dive. This shows that from 160 bar left I could stay at the current 7.1m depth for another 119 minutes to 50 bar. It shows depth and water temp and also shows that for the previous dive as well. I have a good sac rate but sometimes it's good to show other divers the console. They see how clear and easy it is to read. I like the fact that it is small. You have depth air water temp time yet you see other people with an SPG which is large that has separate gauges for air depth and a compass. Funny when some divers say I am lacking a compass and they show me theirs on their SPG which only works when held in a horizontal position. Then I show them I do have compass, in my Perdix which works no matter the position you have the dive computer in.

I can't seem many dive shops wanting to have the Cressi consoles but even when I dive I get asked about it by a lot of divers.

P6160064.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom