Tusa t-wing review?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Anybody have any experience with the Tusa’s T-wing BPW. It got a 2020 “tester’s choice” award, but I’m wondering if it’s a quality diving BP/W (and much more than a BP/W shaped object).
upload_2020-9-29_22-2-5.jpeg

Tusa product info website Link: TUSA | BCJs | t-wing

The first thing I would do would be to cut that dangly thing off the OPV!

I don't think that has a backplate.
Looks like a harness and a wing.

I don't think that has a backplate.
“The TUSA t-wing BC is a tech-styled BC that offers a light weight, customizable platform. The aluminum back plate and compact donut bladder provide assured stability in the water.”

From the pictures, the aluminum back plate appears to be hour-glass shaped.

Attachments

• EC619C3E-C817-4236-8788-BEDC4A2CEF26.jpeg
    EC619C3E-C817-4236-8788-BEDC4A2CEF26.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 120
I’ve got my hands on the T-wing and here’s a brief report for those interested.
upload_2020-10-8_17-25-20.jpeg

As you can see it is a back plate & wing. The aluminum backplate is pretty conventional in shape/size, but spartan. There is some room for a P-weight on the standard 11 inch centers sex screws. The harness Is the standard one piece webbing type. I’m no BPW expert, but it appears to be a solid recreational/travel BPW. I hope to get it in the water next week and test it out.

(Just in case you’re wondering, I have no affiliation with Tusa or with any dive shop/operation for that matter. I’m just a recreational diver interested In sharing, just as so many of you have and do.)

Looks good. I'd drop the padding. It just adds buoyancy.

Good thing is you can swap the plate for a steel if you need more weight.

Hope you like it and get it in water soon

Two things would steer me away from this. First, you can buy a regular BP/W for less money. Second, I would prefer to have a steel plate when diving a single AL80. With that said, it looks like a nice rig. Let us know how you like it.

Looks good. I'd drop the padding. It just adds buoyancy.

@drakcheslav

Good suggestion to “drop the padding”!

I took off the padding, as suggested and just did a buoyancy test. This little pad took slightly over 1 pound to put it under water.

Yep, good reason to not use the pad, (if it’s not needed)!

If you remove the shoulder pads your gonna drop another pound.

I use a super still harness, and it's still super comfortable so no padding is needed.

Hello
I am looking at this rig as it’s the only reasonably priced option available in my country. Would like some owner feedback now that you must have used it on a few dives.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom