Just Returned from Another Coz Trip, Looking for New Dive Destinations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coco island will be good too. That one will be closer to cozumel diving.

Hit the Socorro islands. You will not regret it. Not the same as cozumel, in fact quite oposit. Liveabord 8-10 days.

Coco island will be good too. That one will be closer to cozumel diving.

Have you been to either? Your comments are not helpful.

We have a group of 4 guys, been diving Cozumel for over 20 years, obviously we love it. The
attraction for us is the excellent and convenient diving, we stay in town to take advantage of the good local restaurants, overall cost, easy flight access through either CZM or CUN plus a friendly local population.
Every 4 or 5 years we try somewhere else just for a change of scenery. We have done Blackbeard's cruise, twice, a totally different experience, lots of diving, Although I think the diving was better when they operated out of Freeport as opposed to Nassau now, getting a little to old for that now. Food was all on board, basically home cooking, very good. Carasou, diving was pretty good , stayed at a Marriott, not my thing, Didn't get to experience the local restaurant thing much. Ambergris Caye Belize, Stayed in town, San Pedro, local restaurants very good, easy to walk around. Diving was good but not a lot of variety. Easier flight connections than I had thought. This year going to try Bonaire, just because we have never been. Next year back to Cozumel.

I loved Bonaire...

Have you been to either? Your comments are not helpful.
Yes I was. Many times over. If you will go on liveaboard.com. you can see itinerary and description of the dives. I don't know how else to help you. They are both very good diving destinations.

Yes I was. Many times over. If you will go on liveaboard.com. you can see itinerary and description of the dives. I don't know how else to help you. They are both very good diving destinations.
Sorry, absolutely nothing like Cozumel. I do agree, both very good destinations. These are not appropriate destinations for everyone who goes to Cozumel
Revillagigedos on the Nautilus Explorer, May 24-June 1, 2019
Cabo San Lucas: See Creatures, Tesoro Hotel, May 21-24, 2019
Cocos, March 27-April 5, 2017

Your profile gives no clue to your experience or previous travels, in fact, totally inaccurate, cute. Your posting style does remind me of someone else, but I'm unable to place it, at this time.

Sorry, absolutely nothing like Cozumel. I do agree, both very good destinations. These are not appropriate destinations for everyone who goes to Cozumel
Revillagigedos on the Nautilus Explorer, May 24-June 1, 2019
Cabo San Lucas: See Creatures, Tesoro Hotel, May 21-24, 2019
Cocos, March 27-April 5, 2017

Your profile gives no clue to your experience or previous travels, in fact, totally inaccurate, cute. Your posting style does remind me of someone else, but I'm unable to place it, at this time.
So, what's the problem? The thread title refers to looking for places other than Cozumel and he said up front that the Socorro Islands were nothing like Cozumel. He also said that Coco was more like Cozumel than the Socorros, but I didn't read that as meaning just like Cozumel. I think his post was more on topic than 75% of the posts on Scubaoard, including many of mine as well. :D

So, what's the problem? The thread title refers to looking for places other than Cozumel and he said up front that the Socorro Islands were nothing like Cozumel. He also said that Coco was more like Cozumel than the Socorros, but I didn't read that as meaning just like Cozumel. I think his post was more on topic than 75% of the posts on Scubaoard, including many of mine as well. :D
Yes, Cocos is more like Cozumel o_O

One of my dive buddies is getting ready to board a 10 day lob in Maldives.

I'm so jealous :crying:

I've never thought of Liberia as a

Are you thinking of Liberia the country in west Africa, or the city in Costa Rica that has an international airport?

With Florida being so accessible, it is a little disappointing not seeing any related “destination” recommendations for Florida. (I’ve yet to dive anywhere in Florida.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom