DGX dry suit inflation regulator setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlcnuke

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone have experience with using this system in cold water? I'm looking to do my trimix certification early next year probably and obviously don't want to be pumping trimix into my drysuit, so starting to look at argon systems now and came across this one. Any others I should be looking at. Also, how long would I expect an 8cf argon tank to last in general (yeah, I could try to calculate it, but I'm sure someone uses one and knows about how many dives they get out of a tank).

Thanks.

I have something similar, with a bit smaller first stage without an SPG, never seen a reason to have one tbh.
With an 0.85L bottle which ends up at around 7cf since we tend to overfill a bit, I can easily get 2 dives at tech 1 level before having to even think about refilling it.
For regular quarry dives (rarely deeper than 15m) I'll get 4 dives out of one fill, no sweat.
I have two since they're cheap as chips and around here we never put them through hydro or visual inspections, so no extra cost of having many of them.

That first stage is far bigger and heavier than it looks. I’d get one of the (random OEM but sold by a few different brands) Oxycheq ones.

OxyCheq Argon Mounting System

Anyone have experience with using this system in cold water? I'm looking to do my trimix certification early next year probably and obviously don't want to be pumping trimix into my drysuit, so starting to look at argon systems now and came across this one. Any others I should be looking at. Also, how long would I expect an 8cf argon tank to last in general (yeah, I could try to calculate it, but I'm sure someone uses one and knows about how many dives they get out of a tank).

Thanks.

I have that reg and use it on my suit inflation bottles. I have had zero issues with it down to 37 degrees.

DW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom