Here during Delta now, God Bless Us All

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prayers for all in the path of Delta

upload_2020-10-7_9-13-21.png
rayer

Friend checked on his boat in the new marina. His boat was fine , the marina seemed in good shape. Gather there was one smaller boat down at Puerto Abrigo , but haven’t heard of other major damage up there, so no news probably good news

Evidently a lot of the island still has power My condo building in north zone never lost power or internet evidently Still haven’t actually seen my building. but gather structurally fine. A lot of places around island seem to have had minor issues with rain getting in. If that is all , will take it.

sigh of relief. thankful for answered prayers to spare the island from widespread catastrophe!

Looks like a heck of a rain event. Picture from a friends house on 85th near airport road. 8 inches of water in the street, 3 in the house:(

upload_2020-10-7_9-46-10.png

I've seen water like this during a strong Norte. Interesting how that old sailboat (now the most photographed thing on the island by tourists) keeps making its way closer and closer to shore with each storm.

Not that matters , but the info I received that power was on at my condo up north was incorrect I made it up there and there was no power. I gather some other condo buildings don’t have power either, which makes sense given I think all feed off the same utility lines I believe.

Lots of downed trees and limbs around town , but some of the biggest downed trees that my friend saw this morning have already been cut up.

Sounds like some have power and others don’t Evidently a bunch of people in Corpus Christi neighborhood do have power. Guess just hit or miss

In the near North, the Vila Aldora had only superficial damage such as some peeled paint, busted plants and most rooms had a little water seep in from the heavy rain and strong wind. Of course there are aluminum shutters on all windows but somehow a half inch of water got into many rooms. Of course that is why no carpet in Cozumel…just good old concrete and tile! Our staff can't get back to help clean up (flooded streets) so our new managers are getting a work out on the squeegees.

We had stranded guests who just stayed in their rooms-- as we just couldn't throw them out. Given no serious damage from Wilma in 2005 we were not worried about them and now they have some good stories to tell.

Dave Dillehay

In the near North, the Vila Aldora had only superficial damage such as some peeled paint, busted plants and most rooms had a little water seep in from the heavy rain and strong wind. Of course there are aluminum shutters on all windows but somehow a half inch of water got into many rooms. Of course that is why no carpet in Cozumel…just good old concrete and tile! Our staff can't get back to help clean up (flooded streets) so our new managers are getting a work out on the squeegees.

We had stranded guests who just stayed in their rooms-- as we just couldn't throw them out. Given no serious damage from Wilma in 2005 we were not worried about them and now they have some good stories to tell.

Dave Dillehay
Glad to here all is ok I was worried about you guys.

Dave Dillehay

Dave, glad to hear you only had minor damage.

Did you get new managers? Don't want to hijack, but would love to hear who the new managers are.

Al

Yes, we do have new management at the Villa Aldora. The previous managers decided to really retire and bought their own house in Cozumel…just in time to avoid the storms. The new couple are both retired police officers, most recently out of Florida so a hurricane did not scare them. I've spent some time with them and am sure that there will be NO reduction in service or hospitality at the Villa. Names are John and Candy Carter…when you meet them you will immediately know the are perfect for the "Aldora Way".

Dave Dillehay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom