Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moral of the story: BUY AMERICAN!!! American manufacturers are suffering and it is only fair that you support your local vendors in the US of A!!

I don’t buy unless there is a US dealer. Some stuff simply isn’t made here anymore.

DUI suits are made in America, however I am not sure that DUI is an American company anymore.

Maybe if Americans didn't charge an arm and a leg for a comparable product... Also, most american companies manufacture their stuff outside of america... To that point, is there an American company that manufactures drysuits in america?

DUI and there are others for sure but I can't remember all of them.

You will deal with FedEx, not CBP. FedEx acts as the customs broker with CBP.

Someone else earlier in the thread reported their duty bill was about $50. That was a year or two ago.

I don’t know if you can appeal. Big importers have issues appealing classifications with CBP. I’m a licensed customs broker.

This is one of the issues you have to deal with when ordering from overseas.

I'd be happy to pay $50. Hope that's what it is.

My Nova is not due to be dispatched for another 6 - 8 weeks, however, some of the posts discussing issues with the import tax have me concerned. The suit will be shipped to the USA via Fedex, so I have the following questions for those taking delivery in the USA:
  1. Did you deal with Fedex or US Customs?
  2. Does Fedex deliver the package if you are in the process of appealing the tax?
  3. What information would I need in order to substantiate an appeal?
I hope it does not become an issue, but knowledge is power. Thanks.
Have it shipped by mail not fedex ...

Dark Wolf - I'd appreciate your making an inquiry with your buddy, and let me know what he has to say. Thanks.

Text is sent, I will let you know as soon as I hear something.

ETA-He has received no import tax bill from FedEx.

DW

DUI suits are made in America, however I am not sure that DUI is an American company anymore.
Ah, I didn't know those were made in country... Although I have heard pretty mixed things on them... Mostly that their quality took a sharp down hill turn in recent years compared to when they used to do DUI days... But having never used any of their suits, I can't say... But if they have, that goes back to comparible product...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom