Any experience with the canon sl3/ikelite housing combo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Thinking about buying the above in a few weeks

Not 2 popular i see

Did you end up getting it? I've been mulling over one, too, but a bit cautious as the only review appears to be a manufacturer-sponsored writeup by a store trying to sell it. Do like the idea of a (new) affordable setup that puts you into decent lenses and strobes (to carry over into the next upgrade) at a relatively low entry point. Be curious to hear your thoughts if you did get it.

Jim

Did you end up getting it? I've been mulling over one, too, but a bit cautious as the only review appears to be a manufacturer-sponsored writeup by a store trying to sell it. Do like the idea of a (new) affordable setup that puts you into decent lenses and strobes (to carry over into the next upgrade) at a relatively low entry point. Be curious to hear your thoughts if you did get it.

Jim
No looking at the epl10 olympus now

Jim
Read the fine print in the port chart for this system, it doesn't have a zoom knob on the housing, but relies upon a 6"dome port with zoom knob to support zoom lenses. This is probably OK for some lenses but depending upon which particular lens you want to use might be a limitation. For example the wide rectilnears like the 10-18mm will have soft corners in this dome and there are other limitations. You can fit the 8"dome but zoom is not possible with any lens and that dome. This may be Ok for your requirements, just go in with your eyes open. Here's the port chart: https://docs.ikelite.com/reference/port-chart-dlm-c-system.pdf

I have the SL-2 set up. I am pleased with the set up at this pricepoint. I use the 10-18 in the supplied dome port. Yes it is soft around the edges, but the bang for the buck and the compact size of the set up is what did it for me.

I have better bodies and lenses for land use, but just can't bring myself to put the R5 in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom